PDA

View Full Version : newbie!

Lindy
24-04-11, 00:27
Hi there,

Have suffered with anxiety on and off in various different forms for over ten years now, which itself is quite scary! I was fortunate to beat depression but just can't get rid of anxiety. I can no longer drive on motorways as I worry I will panic, and not be able to stop, or will cause an accident! And I can only get on a plane with valium, and too afraid to fly for too many hours! I definitely have some health anxiety, and have a panic attack about once a year now. Last one was a fee weeks ago, at work! It was caused by a week of anxiety over a headache that lasted for a week and painkillers did nothing. I imagined all sorts! Turns out it's actually a muscle that's locked up running up to the top of my spine. Painful but not life threatening! It wouldn't be so bad if my colleagues hadn't of called an ambulance! Very embarrssed about that - I did tell them it was a panic attack, but I was in quite a state, think I freaked th out a bit ..anyway was feeling anxious tonight, and I find reading this forum helps, so that's why I am here :-) looking to rid myself of anxiety and enjoy all of my life as I am genuinely not too bad these days! (when I'm not worrying that is;-) )

diane07
24-04-11, 00:28
Hi Lindy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jill
25-04-11, 14:10
Hi Lindy :D:hugs: :welcome: to the site.

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people hear who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, there is lots of great info on the left hand side as well of lots of great advice in all forums. We do have a chat room too, if you fancy chatting to other members.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

rainbow dreamer
25-04-11, 16:05
hi there im a newbie too.

iv visited the site many times over the last couple of years but never left any posts... im looking forward to the coming months to get the chance to open up about my life to people that truly know how I feel .. and hope i can talk and help some of you out there if i can ....

rainbow dreamer
(always looking for that better day):welcome:http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/welcome.gif

JT69
25-04-11, 16:18
Hi Lindy,

Welcome to NMP:welcome:.....you will find lots of support and help here from people who totally get what you are going through....hope you enjoy your stay!!!

Jo.xx

Taffy
25-04-11, 16:26
You couldn't have come to a better place. :hugs:

Lindy
02-05-11, 00:42
Thanks everyone! :)