PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone...haven't been here in a while...

blondeangel
14-04-06, 01:47
hi everyone..I have not been on here in like a month I think...or not much....anyways...I was going through a major depression because of my injury...it is called Perineal Nerve Palsy, and my fight ankle is like paralyzed, my toes won't go up, and I hae lost feeling in the top of my foot and the outside of my ankle. The weather has been getting nicer and I have been stuck inide because I have been having wicked pain and I should not be on it too much..besides the more I walk the more it hurts. So I was very depressed and took way too many clonazapams...WAY too many...last weekend I took like 30 0.5's in 3 days..then I had a major crisis on Monday..I talked with a mental health crisis line, I was having panic attacks and crisis because of my post traumatic stress..I was freaking out...and I started to cut myself..that is when I phoned..I was out of control..it was like it wasn't me at all....then the police came, then the counsellor who I talked to. They were really helpful, and I feel embarrassed because I am training to be a counsellor myself (for children and youth). But since I began my course my PTSD and panic has gone up..then I got this injury over a moth ago, then 3 weeks ago my fiance/bf went to the other side of the country to work...really far away....if you know about canada, I am in ontario and he is in alberta. And 1/3 of my classes in college are full of people who act like they are kids, and talk constantly during lectures. And they wonder why they are barely passing the course!
Anyways..I am feeling way better...and have been resisting to refill my clonazapam...I am going to try to without for a bit....and school is almost over, and I am going to play videogames all night until I am sick of them..if that happens.
Anyways..just wanted to check in and say what's been goin on.
I hope everyone else is doing well.[:P]

vernon
14-04-06, 12:37
Hi angel, welcome back and so glad you feel a bit better. hope your recovery continues, take care, Vernon

blondeangel
14-04-06, 22:43
thanks..
I am feeling better, psychologically, but I am still feelin a bit crappy...I have not had clonazapam really all week..been doing ok...except for Monday....but I am ok.
As for my ankle injury, it still is pretty much the same.
I have not been having much anxiety attacks, and have tried breathing slowly and trying to mentally relax when i feel a little anxiety...like I had a test yesterday, and I closed myy eyes and breathed in and out afew time slowly and said to myself, "relax" a few times, and it helped. I was able to ease the anxiety, so that I could have a clear head, and when I looked at my test I knew it...most of it just came to me so easy...it felt good to have a test like that.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doin ok...gotta go

andrew
15-04-06, 12:32
hi blondeangel,

pleased to read your feeling a bit better and doing ok.

at least you now know what the actual problem is with your ankle. so hopefully you've been advised which is the best way to aid the recovery.

be careful with yourself, dont be bottling up your feelings. well done for laying off the clonazapam. good to hear that your own internal self assurance / affirmation, are helping you to cope with your anxiety.

you take care .. andrew

blondeangel
16-04-06, 19:10
thanks andrew..
Yes, knowing what is really wrong really helped..it helped alleviate some anxiety. I now know that I have Perineal Nerve Palsy, and that it is NOT permanent (YEAH!) and that I can get treatment for it.
I am feeling better..thanks