PDA

View Full Version : Freak out it happened last night!!!!!!!

looking4answers
24-04-11, 19:39
Years ago I fell off a latter and my back hit a piece of concrete... It hurt really bad for about a month and ten subsided.. Over the years I havent been able to sit on a flat surface too long because it hurt riight in the lower tailbone.

I have never told a doctor about this because it didnt seem important but a year ago when me moved south I started experiencing some electrical feelinigs in my back that also felt connected some how to my privates... I had been ridiing my bike a lot... I stopped doing this and really havent had much problem with it lately up until last night. I had been laying on the couch watching television and got up to go to bed and my back. felt like it had electricity shooting across my tailbone really bad and down my legs... This lasted most of the night and its trying to start again... my neck has really been bothering me to feeling tense and like something pinching me.

I have never had this feeling so hard and am worried now that I might have a tumor at the base of my brain that might be causing all of this... Or could it just be normal feelings tht older people get .My wife says her ciactic nerve hurts like that every once in awhile but mine doesnt hurt it just feels like electricity... please has anyone had this?

scaredstiff695
24-04-11, 20:00
hi,
firstly im NOT a doctor but have you looked up sciatica.
when i was pregnant i would get something sim iliar. it was like a mad electric shock and i would fee;l like paralysed but not cos the pain was horrid.

looking4answers
24-04-11, 20:52
Its fuuny everything i look up goes back to the word you mentioned here but it seems there is pain associated with this ... mineis more or less like electricity around my tailbone traveling down the backs of my legs.. thanks

Zee
25-04-11, 21:13
I have sciatic nerve flare ups.. I get tingling, shock like feelings in the upper leg area and also numbness. My GP diagnosed a problem with the sciatic nerve about 20 years ago

nikkikl
28-04-11, 03:26
I agree with the others...Sciatica. I had that when I was pregnant too and it's horrible! It's exactly as you described and it DEFINITELY travels down the back of the legs and there is pain with it. I notice in your other post you mentioned putting on weight - that could be contributing factor and everyone I know who has had Sciatica has it because they gained weight (although some people are just unlucky) but that could be a contributing factor for sure. There are thousands of women who can tell you about the dreaded shooting pains!

Along with your neck problem, have you considered seeing a Chiropractor? Sounds like you could be well out of alignment and maybe a few cracks will help??? Just a thought, like Scaredstiff, I'm no doctor.

Good luck (((hugs)))

Nikki

Lizziesaurus
28-04-11, 12:25
I don't suffer sciatica, however I do suffer back problems from a car accident a couple of years ago which hurts the middle of my back, around where my bra strap is. If I sit for alot at work, or I'm bending over alot, doing cleaning or washing or something it starts to hurt and I get that electricity feeling, almost like a weird tingling. My doctors told me it's a nerve that's getting trapped that causes this.
Sciatica I know is a similar thing, with a trapped nerve, and to me that's exactly what it sounds like with you. It's a horrible feeling but to be honest I've just got used to it now. See a doctor if you can but I doubt it's a tumor or anything :)

looking4answers
29-04-11, 01:30
Thanks everyone for replying. Its good to know that im not alone feeling what I do.Thanks for the input,it has given. me something to think about.