PDA

View Full Version : Went to docs about lump

scoobygirl2005
14-04-06, 11:38
Hi guys.

Thank you for your replies, I went to the doctors and they said they're not sure what it is it could just be that I have a virus or it could be something else so if it gets bigger or doesn't disappear in a week I have got to go back, it seems to be getting bigger. I am really worried about it. What if it is cancer!

Scooby2005.

Karen
14-04-06, 13:09
Hi Scooby

Sorry you're so scared at present and I can understand why. Sometimes doctors do not understand what it is like when you experience health anxiety and therefore do not always phrase things in the most sympathetic or helpful way.

I get it all the time with my eating disorder and being told I 'look better' which I immediately think they are saying I look fat.

Anyway, about the lump, did the doctor actually mention cancer at all? There are many many caused for a lump like this and I am sure they just was to check next week for your peace of mind. After all, if it is due to a virus then it will be smaller or reducing by then.

I know it is hard but try to think that there are many harmless and treatable reasons for this - and perhaps keep writing that down - rather than jumping to the worst possible scenario of it being cancer.

Not sure I've helped but we will help you through this next week.

Karen xx

giddy
14-04-06, 17:45
Hello Scooby - try not to worry, I'm sure its something harmless and will be quickly treated. I'm sure if your doctor was worried about it he would have referred you to the hospital.
Try not to worry
Take Care
Love Helen