PDA

View Full Version : Partner looking for others in similar position

Natalie Dragonfly
24-04-11, 21:13
Hi,
I would like to penpal with someone in a similar position. I have a partner with anxiety disorder, OCD and PTSD as a result of childhood trauma and she had a nervous breakdown a few years ago. I have my own issues as well, but am in 12 step recovery:). I tend to isolate myself in terms of the problems I am trying to manage! I would really like someone to talk to as I think this would really help me. I want to be able to be a better partner and look after myself better.
Thanks,
Natalie

jill
24-04-11, 22:31
Hi Hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site

I am so sorry to hear about your partner and the fact you have issues too, this must be soo hard for you.

I do know a little of how you feel, but not in the same boat as you, mine is my daughter, who had pa's, high levels of anxiety many, many, years BEFORE I did, hers started at just age 6 ( will not go into that right now) she is nearly 18 now and is recovering from a blip, bit, by bit, with the help and support of her family and the therapists.

It IS dame hard caring for others, things are not that straight forward when it comes to emotional disorders, My heart goes out to YOU :hugs: AND your partner.

YOU yourself are doing REALLY well hun, your doing your best, but there is a time when we get this feeling that we need to talk to someone who just understands a little, I know how this feels, I do myself have a good family, my mum and sis are my rocks, but I know they don;t understand most of it, BUT thats OK, because to understand something, you have had to have been through it and I would not wish, panic, anxiety on anyone.

I myself am a lot better now, still can have some anxiety from time to time, BUT HAY, this is GREAT and I have this site to thank for that, it has been sooo helpful over the years, It has lots of great info behind the forums and on ALL threads, great advice.

I do hope you can find someone you can talk to, I know talking DOES help, when you can say to someone you talk to, "do you know how I feel, do you know what I mean" and they say "YES"

You are on the right track, look after yourself first and foremost, THEN, you can look after your partner better, I know this is hard, but YOU are number 1, you come first, when you learn do deal with your own emotions issues you can help and support you partner.

You are doing really well hun, :hugs: YOU using the words recovery, your on your way now, you just need someone to talk to, this will help.

I do hope you can find someone in a similar situation as you on hear.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX