PDA

View Full Version : This heat is driving me crazy!!!!!!

paula lynne
25-04-11, 00:46
Well Im up again....only slept 3 hours....this heat is driving me crackers!! Im waking struggling to breathe, feels like someones is sitting on my chest.....taken my ventolin for my asthma but still feel I cant get enough air. I did read the weather report that said air quality is very bad at the moment.......I never thought Id say this but......bring on the thunderstorm!!!

Anyone else suffering? Doesnt help that Im ovulating and these hot flushes are really bad....like sunburn (Ive stayed out of the sun apart from my legs)

Well Ive got a soaking wet tea towel on my head and look a right plonka...nice though.:wacko:

Anyone noticed their breathing/asthma is bad at the mo? :huh:
Love, Paula x

nomorepanic
25-04-11, 00:54
I do Paula and I hate the heat.

Sometimes I end up sleeping downstairs as upstairs is too hot.

You could try that Magicool - I think it is called - you spray it on your face.

I have a fan on in the bedroom too.

paula lynne
25-04-11, 00:57
Thanks Nic, Im downstairs right now and it is a bit cooler. Another night on the sofa for me......Thanks for the tip on Magicool, never heared of it, will check out the chemist tomorrow.:)

nomorepanic
25-04-11, 01:01
To be honest Paula - I have sat in the house most of the bank holiday as I know that the heat makes me feel rubbish. Shame but that is how I am

Anxious_gal
25-04-11, 02:34
wow whats the temperature over there in your house?
Sorry to hear the heats bothering you, I can't tolerate it very well myself :hugs:

Lilyblue
25-04-11, 10:27
I hate the heat, worse thing about it is hayfever, I only like the heat if i'm in spain, even tho I wear a hat cos the sun makes me ill if it gets to my head within 5 mins.. I see kids on holiday in very hot weather with no hats on and there's me the only one wearing a hat, :-(

So want it to rain and thunder, I notice the town always busy when it sunny but when it rains no one goes out, I always go out when it rains, even go in garden when rains, I love thunder but not at night,

Since the heat wave 2 weeks ago ive had on and off sore throats and blocked nose, hayfever don't usualy start till end of may,
Tbh i'd rather be warm than cold tho

paula lynne
25-04-11, 10:29
Hi Mishel, I did sleep from 3am til 7am so thats something....
Temp hit 29 deg yest at 4pm....so muggy. Hope you are feeling well yourself.
Paula x

paula lynne
25-04-11, 10:31
Hi Clareblue, I suffer with hayfever too (goes hand in hand with asthma so Im told), so got my anti-histamines ready......it started about a week ago, must be certain types of pollen....hopefully a good thunderstorm with clear the air and make it more comfortable for everyone. No thunder today though, its boiling already with clear skies here in south wales.
Paula x

shotokansho
25-04-11, 12:10
Hey all. I am sorry that you are all uncomfortable, but I am loving it! I am one of those lucky people who doesn't suffer with anything like allergies so the air and pollen don't bother me. My friend has terrible hay fever and he doesn't cope well either.
I must admit we do need a good storm, I am desperate for rain for my garden, my flowers are parched. Every time I water them they are dry again within 5 minutes.

Badger74
25-04-11, 20:50
Hi Paula; Sorry, you've not been good either. i'm still praying for that thunderstorm too! They said it was coming yesterday & then today & now, not at all. But apparently the temps coming down tomorrow, everyone else is annoyed, but i'm beaming inside, willing it to be cooler! There was a bit more of a breeze today, so managed to spend most of the day outside. Everyday has actually been better for me slightly, but still a real struggle to stop the overwhelming panic.

I have fans in every room, and also carry magicool(it's brilliant stuff) and a paper fan with me all the time, if i do have to go out. I also find, that using a bit of that 4head stuff helps, when its muggy.
Hopefully it'll be better tonight & you'll get a few more hrs sleep.

Hazel B
25-04-11, 20:56
I hate it too: I go out with factor 50 on, a hat and really dark sunglasses! I run the air con in my car and sit in there on the drive when it's really bad! I use a mini fan and also have a face spray that is refreshing. I know sunshine is supposed to be good in small doses & helps our bodies produce Vitamin D, but I must have SAD the other way round! Bright light and heat make me feel ill and I get headaches if I don't drink enough water.

It's supposed to chill down again tomorrow so you should fell better soon Paula.:hugs:

Zee
25-04-11, 21:18
I have hayfever too. The Tree pollens started earlier back in March due to the cold winter apparently and the grass pollens have started earlier.Add to that the high ozone levels and PM10/s and even more miserable.

haz
26-04-11, 00:24
Feeling too hot always make me panic!

Magicool is great, I've been using it for years. Think my electricity bill is higher in summer than winter due to fans constantly going. Wish I could afford a/c in the house. Had to get the a/c in the car fixed a couple of days ago as I just couldn't stand the thought of going through the summer without it.

I love the sun, but with a nice cool breeze and temperatures no higher than 20 degrees or I feel ill. :huh:

oldtime
26-04-11, 10:09
I open all the windows and patio doors early in the morning when it is cool outside. The house cools right down and that helps it stay cooler in the evening.

paula lynne
26-04-11, 13:42
Seems much cooler today thank the lord, so managed some housework and cooking....they are now saying it will be raining by the royal wedding on friday....at least my garden will get a good watering. Still got the breathless feeling..probably a combination of the air quality and bit of hayfever. Oh the joys!
Paula x:blush:

Hazel B
26-04-11, 18:49
Glad it's cooler for you, take care.:hugs:x

paula lynne
26-04-11, 18:54
Thanks Hazel xxx hope you are ok too xxx :)

Kiyonari
26-04-11, 21:20
Hey Paula,

Heat makes me panic too but with you having asthma, the pollution levels have been really high during the heat period we just had and maybe this might have contributed? If my lung capacity decreases just a little however, like through being bloated, I start to panic like I'm not getting enough air and know how you feel! hope ya feeling better now it cooled down :D

Anxious_gal
01-05-11, 00:22
I think I got sun burn on my head! My scalp is a bit itchy and warm! I think I'll see if I can find a pretty hat.
I find I get to a point were I'm simply too warm, like today when I was walking home from town I felt awful, sick, headache, nauseous, I was on my 2nd bottle of bottle, I did dip my finger in the water and wet my neck a little bit which felt soooooo good.
There was a bit of a breeze but it was warm!
I can't tolerate the like everyone else which sucks , I get really scared when I can find a cool place to get out of the sun.
The temp in my room tonight is 22degrees, not as warm as some on here!
I have a bottle of water in my freezer! on hot days it's great as it stays cold for a few hours .