PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel this now????

looking4answers
25-04-11, 02:07
In this last month or so I have posted this problem several times and am concerned about it.Please could anybody anybody at all tell me they have this issue too? Lately my neck has been bothering me just feeling weird actually. I cant really describe it other than weird feelings... It is really important for someone else to say they feel the sameway.

It started with me tilting my neck backwards ... I can feel what feels to be a knot in my neck but with my fingers no knot,just rolls of skkin, kind of creases in my neck .. I suppose I have gained some weight in recent months but never really felt it... Today I crouched on the ground and looked forward and could feel the flesh on my neck.. its a real weird feeling , it almost feels like its binding my neck but wnen I feel it with my fingers it feels fine.Could it jyst be that I have gained so much weight that it feels this way or is his something I have become aware of or is it something to do with getting older? Can someone else please share if they are experiecing anything like this??? Please post it here... thanks

Anxious_gal
25-04-11, 02:53
Cant say I feel the same, but it sounds like a muscle thing or possibly a trapped nerve, a good massage or heat might help :hugs:

nikkikl
28-04-11, 03:14
Hey Looking4answers

I had something a little similar a couple of years ago where I was almost passing out when I tilted my head back and I could feel a knot. I went to a Chiropractor and she explained that there was an area right at the base of my skull that was out of alignment and when I tipped my head back, that's what was affecting how it all felt in there - I guess there are a bazillion nerves in that area and one was trapped in the top of my spine. Anyway, she cracked me a few times in the neck and spine over a period of weeks and it all went away. I do still feel the knot every now and then, when my neck/shoulder is aching. Apparently a LOT of the feelings you get in the neck area are referred pain and the problem isn't actually where the pain/weird feeling is at all.

Like Mishel said, massage, heat and maybe a Chiro visit might help? Hope you feel better soon.

Nikki

looking4answers
29-04-11, 01:35
Thanks for your replys Its greatly appreciated!