PDA

View Full Version : obessed with smell i'm not alone am i?

Kate21
25-04-11, 19:12
I've been looking through the forums to try and find posts about my main worry and I havn't found anything :-( please tell me other people have this too!
The worst part of my anxiety is my fear of smelling/sweating (also blushing, but not as much), It's when i'm at work that i'm at my most paranoid about it, the thought of being humiliated by this is horrible. I'm sick of thinking about this constantly! it went away for a couple of years and now it's back along with the rest of my anxious thoughts.

Anxious_gal
26-04-11, 06:54
CBT might help you.

I used to a big fear of blushing, I had it bad to the point I was avoiding things.
Then one day I just thought about it differently, if I blush I blush, so what , I can't help it , if people make fun of me then they aren't the sort of people I would want to be friends with anyways

Once the fear was gone I blushed a lot less, I do still do it now and again though.

You just need to take the humiliation out of it, stop being so worried about smelling, we smell sometimes, we are human, we sweat, yes it can be gross etc... but nothing a quick spray of perfume or a trip to the bathroom with baby wipes won't sort :)

maybe the warm weather triggered off this fear.
:hugs:

Kate21
26-04-11, 18:12
yeah i have to go back to my doctor in a few weeks so hopefully he can refer me to someone.
I had this when I was 15 and was obsessive about it back then I had a couple of years where it didn't bother me but it started again at the start of this year. I wish i would just go forever, I'm spending a small fortune on perfume :-(
It's good to know your blushing got better though, i worry about that a bit too, did you have cbt or anything?