PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! New to forum and sick of feeling sick!

Christers
25-04-11, 22:38
Hi everyone!
My name is Christy and for the past year (almost daily) i have been suffering from health anxiety. So far this year, i've believed i've had MS, Brain tumour, breast cancer and, now, after having a recent smear test, cervical cancer! Seeing this written down now, it actually seems funny! but as all us anxiety sufferers know, there is little funny about it. I'm an intelligent woman, but the fears just consume me (no matter how irrational!). Just hope we can all work together, not to wallow in our fears, but to offer advice to each other on the best road to recovery!
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

nomorepanic
25-04-11, 22:40
Hi Christers

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Phwoffy
25-04-11, 23:15
Hi Christy, I've only just recently joined too. Yet to get a proper diagnosis so am busy convincing myself that my doctor's appointment will consist of them telling me which awful diseases I have...

It doesn't matter how silly these things sound or how much we know about them - there's no way to get your mind away from it. Not until you find something else wrong with you, at least.
Welcome to the site, anyway. Hope you meet some lovely people and that it can be of help to you :)

Christers
25-04-11, 23:35
Thanks for your reply! I'm one of those health anxiety/hypochondriacs who knows that i'm being irrational...most of the time. Still, there's always that little voice (maybe it's the devil on my shoulder lol) saying 'but...what if THIS time you do have X Y Z disease!). It's the butt of alot of jokes in my house when the fear subsides, but my god, they wouldn't laugh if they experienced first hand the fear you do.

shazzie77
26-04-11, 10:23
hiya to you i am new here also, hope you find a little comfort in the nice people on this forum.

Christers
26-04-11, 10:44
Thanks Shazzie!