PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever

Joeturner2
26-04-11, 08:16
Hey just wondered if shortness of breathe is a sympton of hayfever as i seem to be struggling at the moment, i also get clamy hands n feet along with a slight chest pain, i do have the normal symptons ( itchy eyes and nose problems)

abic77
27-04-11, 16:19
Hi there,

Just ike me you have posted and no-one has replied :-(

I'm not really sure about all the symptoms of hayfever but I used to get short of breath in certain situations mainly in the spring (quite poss hayfever) and when i'm around cats. I don't have asthma but the Dr described me as having "precipitous" asthma which basically means that ordinarily my trachea and lungs are ok but when certain things are in the atmosphere (pollen/cat hair) it can trigger a reaction.

You may have a similar condition?

Also - not sure when your symptoms flaired up but don't forget at the weekend there were recemmendations everywhere not to go out in the smog as it will cause breathing difficulties?

Finally....if you are an anxious or very busy on-the-go kinda person then sometimes you may forget to breathe....same happened to me...i was holding my breath for periods of 10 - 20 secs and not even realising!

Joeturner2
27-04-11, 20:26
Hey thank u for answering, i know this site has become really quiet, i have had this for a few weeks just seems to be getting worse! I use to have a cat but never had breathing problems

emmawalton
28-04-11, 09:53
i get hayfever and also asthma and have found over the past week i have had to use my inhaler, so all related.