PDA

View Full Version : Being sick- help

joanne87
14-04-06, 15:57
hi all,

i have a phobia of being sick and last night i ahd too much to drink and have been vomiting all day, i never get sick through drinking but havent been feeling very well for the last couple of days.

Anyway could do with some help, im so scared and i cant make it stop, i just want it to go away, im panicing and i cant take diazepam or ad because ill bring them back up and the last couple of times ive been sick there has been blood in it, so im getting into a right state over that, if it happens again, i think ill ring the emergency docotors, what if ive ruptured something? all sorts of things are going through my head and im panicing, shaking, feel drousy. im living through my worst nightmare.

Jo

P.s sorry if its abit grapic

Karen
14-04-06, 16:22
Hi Jo

There is a bug going around apparently and it is likely to be something like this, probably not helped by the alcohol.

Keep yourself warm and keep drinking as much fluid as you can.

If it doesn't setttle and there is more blood then given the doctor a call.

Hope you feel better soon.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

angie3077
14-04-06, 17:11
Hi Jo,

You have probably got blood in your sick because you have been vomiting so much and you have grazed your throat. Try watching a film or reading a book to chill out and stop thinking about being sick. Before you know it you will be right as rain again, just sounds like a normal hangover to me. Oh, and make sure you eat something too....dry toast is the best for a dodgy tummy....eat it really slowly.

Angie

inberlin
14-04-06, 19:21
hi jo,

i know there has been a bug going around, i had it a few weeks ago, panicked and thought i would die, i would say, give yourself 24 hours and only try to keep water down, and then go to a doctor if you are still feeling bad...

i feel for you because i know that feeling is sooo horrible, but it WILL go away, and you can always go to a doctor to confirm that you are okay!!

get better soon,

kelly

joanne87
14-04-06, 21:07
Thank you all for the replys and support, stopped being sick around 5:30 and just managed to have a piece of toast.

i still cant believe its happenend, havent been sick for around 3 years and i really thought i was going to die earlier, but im am proud of myself, it doesnt feel like ive over come my phobia, but i am proud (dont know why).

Anyway thanks again and i hope youve all had a better start to the easter weekend than i have :)

Jo

Karen
14-04-06, 21:47
Glad you are feeling better Jo.

Well done for coping so well.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

joanne87
14-04-06, 22:11
thank you very much karen.

take care

Jo x x