PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

streakyme
26-04-11, 21:05
:weep:HI all, I'm Tony

currently struggling with severe anxiety. not on any medication as I drive trains but my therapist is urging me to do so as I am now functioning badly. She believe there are meds that don't prohibit using machinery so I will contact me GP tomorrow.

I suffer in so far as I am hyper sensitive to noise, particularly in my home. If i hear any noise from my neighbours it is like a punch in the stomache and I have all the necessary anxiety symptoms, Its awful, now it seems to ber here permanently this dread feelings. I can't think, concentrate be motivated on anything except running. Feel like I would rather live in a tent than here.

Of course its not rational, I don't have noisy neighbours but it is still awful to try and live with. So much more to it than this so I'll keep it at this.

I hate being me right now, feels helpless and pathetic and that I am no longer a man. I seem to see everything as a potential threat. Its horrid.

OK, joined this site to be able to be able to seek help and help others if I can. I am also as a trained hypnotherapist and life coach yet I have sunk into this pattern of behaviour and I cannot see the wood for the trees and seek a way out. Just started private CBT sessions, had three so far.

Anyway, thats me bit down right now.

regards Tony

diane07
26-04-11, 21:08
Hi streakyme

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Kiyonari
26-04-11, 21:14
Hi Tony and welcome,

I would maybetry starting on a small dose of medication, what medication is your therapist suggesting?

nuttymoo
26-04-11, 21:26
Hi Tony I've been having the same thing. Phobia about noise coming from the house next door. I even tried to get my husband to build me a summerhouse so I could live in the garden. I have to keep a tv, music or something on just so I don't hear a noise or I start panicking and get a bad stomach. I even take a portable cd player into the bathroom with me. I don't mind having the windows open though and find I feel a bit better now it's warmer. The road outside is quite noisy and it helps mask any sound from my neighbours. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with not hearing them. I only joined here last week and I think it is helping.

streakyme
26-04-11, 21:41
wow nuttymoo...i thought it was just me....its awful...I do the same in the bath, wherever...i have to create noise so I don't hear others...but alas I can't go outside in the garden...can't relax...if the grass needs cutting i have to wear a walkman with music blaring then run back in after...can't have windows open though...means I dread summer as the grass grows quickly and everyone has BBq's...can't believe someone like me lol.

Hi Kyonari, me therapist is going to email me a list in the morning and i'll speak to work and the GP tomorrow, see if the meds get me through this initial bad phase..afraid I wimped out and stayed at a friends for two days over the weekend!

I have a good feeling about this site :D

Vanilla Sky
26-04-11, 22:04
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

SHYGIRLAJB
27-04-11, 11:18
Hi Tony

Thought I would say hi, and welcome to NMP :welcome: . Hope you will find this site useful and meet some lovely people along the way.

My name is Anita and I suffer with depression and anxiety.

Anita.

streakyme
02-05-11, 20:45
Well the meds route is a no go. Can't take any without coming off the trains for 6 months, this is shaky ground re job security. Couldn't stay at home, too stressed out, couldn't function properly. Decided to move into a b&b for a while, try and reduce the stress in order to be effective regarding the therapy. Its a noisy b&b too...I can't win! Feel crappy, no respite anywhere it feels. Maybe I'll get used to the noise here and home won't be so bad?????
I have a crap life! Still....could be worse :)