PDA

View Full Version : really anxious shoulder pain, burning up, feeling weak im scared

gordie1
26-04-11, 21:19
Hi there since Thursday Ive been having a sharp pain in my shoulder and it seems to be getting worse, Im really scared it is my heart, Ive got terrible anxiety tonight and Im also burning up. I saw my sister on Sunday who is a masseuse and she said that my whole back and shoulder were in a knot, on Sunday morning I had stabbing pains on the left side of my chest and felt detached all day. I was anxious about having to travel on a bus on my own but I did it. Now I am really agitated tonight and Ive had weakness and feeling detached all day and i sat and read about heart disease in the library and it got me really anxious, my pulse is ok its 70 and I did sit over a computer for an hour this afternoon. Im trying to think logically but Im really agitated and keep thinking what if I am missing something and it is my heart. Does anxiety make you get all hot and burning up? I phoned my mum and she told me to take a valium she thinks theres nothing wrong with me .

londonchris
26-04-11, 21:22
Ive been in your situation before, I used to get terrible ectopic beats and they used to scare the daylights out of me before I knew what they were. Because I was so nervous and tense about it, all my muscles were tensed all day and my mind was tired from constantly looking for symptoms.

Your pains sound like classic muscular tension. Don't read up on heart disease or anything and don't check your pulse as this will only make things worse.

Visit your GP for reassurance, they'll quickly rule out heart problems and this should help.