PDA

View Full Version : Help can't slow breathing down

elizabeth1947
27-04-11, 06:41
Haven't slept tired v
Any suggestion to stop this panic

eeyorelover
27-04-11, 06:53
A warm bath might help. You can't slow your breathing down because you are concentrating on it too much. Do something to take your mind off it and see if that doesn't help to calm you down. Play a game on here or do a load of dishes...doesn't matter what it is as long as you have to concentrate and stay in the moment instead of concentrating on your breathing.
Hope you feel better soon!!
(((HUGS)))
xxx
Sandy

elizabeth1947
27-04-11, 07:12
Really trying trying to stop pacing will try and do what you suggest
Great to know somebodys out there hope get to the point when I can help someone

eeyorelover
27-04-11, 08:16
We all need support some time!
We all also know how you are feeling right now and altho it is truly scary and exhausting, you will make it thru this!!
I hope you feel better real soon!
:bighug1:
Sandy

Spy
27-04-11, 09:28
Hi Elizabeth,

I try and work through a relaxation CD when I'm feeling like that, if you haven't got one there are some clips on youtube - I'd suggest progressive muscle relaxation followed by some visualisation. Once you're feeling a bit calmer you can try and do some things to distract yourself, talking often helps if there is anyone you can phone. Hope you feel better soon, remind yourself that anxiety passes and you will feel better xx

oldtime
27-04-11, 12:09
You can try to relax your stomach let it hang out and your breathing may start to slow down by itself.

elizabeth1947
27-04-11, 14:17
Thanks everyone for your suggestions
Have been to doctors and got some diazepan and he has put my cit up so now
I am on30mg waiting to see when my son is moving in with gf awful
Once again thanks
Is any body as bad as me when the kids leave home