PDA

View Full Version : having a blip

Spy
27-04-11, 09:46
Hi,

I've had panic attacks all my adult life but have had a few years of being really well, in the last four months I've had a full relapse of agoraphobia brought on by redundancy and other stresses. I started telephone CBT a few weeks ago and have been able to get to the newsagents and for a few stops on the bus. I felt like I was making really good positive progress until yesterday when I felt dizzy and panicky in the local newsagents. Now I'm feeling really reluctant to go back out and do my daily exposure of getting on the bus, but know that I have to face it. Any advice??? I hate being scared of something that six months ago I wouldnt have thought twice about:scared15:

Thanks xx

GeorgiJ
02-05-11, 22:54
Hi,
I have a saying in life...'ot doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down - you become a conqueror by getting back up one more time'...you've done so well - got so far - and taken steps forward...in all honesty you can't let this get to you.
Stand back up - and take small steps again...because you can! You had the strength to the first time so you can do it again...tell fear that you are better than it and try again - start even smaller at first....YOU'LL GET THERE!!!
:-)
MJ

Elen
02-05-11, 22:56
Spy hon I suffer from different things to you but please know that I am always here for you and feel free to to pm me. I will try and catch up with you tomorrow

Pansy
05-05-11, 22:53
Hi
I've suffered with panic and anxiety for years, but I have coped well for the last couple of years. It was a long slog to get where I am now, with more than a few blips along the way!! Please don't let this setback stop you moving forward.......take a deep breath and go for it, baby steps at first. Good luck.

Spy
06-05-11, 08:45
thank you all for the support, it really helps :hugs:I know I can do it! Just need to be patient :) which is easier said than done lol