PDA

View Full Version : MRI - I did it :)

Ambers
27-04-11, 10:57
I would ike to say a very big thank you for those who gave me great advice for me MRI scan this morning - I did it!!!!

Having had a life changing experience on the operating table where I didn't go to sleep but was paralysed and couldn't tell the theatre staff I was still awake, I am so pertified of hospitals ans enclosed spaces in which I have no control.

The staff told me that at least 50% of patients pushed the emergency button - even the toughest of men!!! So I am so proud of myself.

Very nervous an anxious of the way to the hospital - took 7.5mg of Diazepam (I had a trial run and that worked rather than the 5mg) and it only took about 10 minutes to work on me..and suddenly I didn't need the toilet (previously had a bad bad tummy). i stopped shakingand mybreathing clamed down...all my bad thoughts faded :)

Husband was alllowed it and was able the stroke the top of my head (I feel so tearful and love him so much for being there for me). Staff brilliant and even put me in feet first slowly. AND I DID IT WITHOUT PUSHING THE EMERGENCY BUTTON.... I did it, you would not know how so scared and refused point blank about ever going into one of those machines.

I am just coming down from the diazepam... thank you again for all who gave the great advice..esp upping my dosage and keeping my eyes closed! BTW the sound of the MRI didn't bother me at all, in fact it made me feel more alive :yesyes:

Ambers
27-04-11, 10:59
PS - sorry about bad grammar - still woozy

AllInMyHead
27-04-11, 12:00
Well done Ambers, good for you :yesyes:

Elen
27-04-11, 12:02
Well done Ambers. You should be very proud of yourself.

snowgoose
27-04-11, 14:39
Ambers .....that is fantastic ...............well done indeed .
never doubted you !!!
have some flowers :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Ellis81
27-04-11, 16:58
Well done big thumbs up :yesyes: its a massive achievement

Hazel B
27-04-11, 19:11
Well done you! :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

countrygirl
27-04-11, 23:12
Good on you knew you could do it - glad the higher dose worked for you.
I always say its a good job they don't out a cardiac moniter on me in that scanner as I know my heartrate is off the scale and beating so hard its amazing it stays in my chest and thats with the diazepam.