PDA

View Full Version : anxiety attack worse than panic attacks

angieboo
27-04-11, 12:33
hiya
does anyone find anxiety attacks are worse than panic attacks cause i do xx

PanchoGoz
27-04-11, 12:56
I still don't quite get the difference. Aren't anxiety attacks like attacks of anxiety and panic is just panic feelings like heart racing, shaking..?
If so, yes I think anxiety attacks are worse as well.

angieboo
27-04-11, 13:12
hiya
yep heart racing shaking breathing feels funny aswell etc....as anxiety stays all day panic attack comes and then goes xx

natalier
28-04-11, 10:07
i do! anxiety is more thoughts too which can be horrible :( I'de rather have a panic attack which then goes then anxiety all day :(

lulumango
28-04-11, 12:43
I would MUCH rather skip the anxiety and have a full blown panic attack! Anxiety gets in the way much much more! Strange to think my anxiety is triggered by fear of PAs.
Quite a while ago I started trying to make myself have PAs if I was feeling anxious and thought I would all day and needed to get stuff done.
Interestingly, I have never managed to panic on command.
This is all well and good but its still rubbish feeling washed out and fatigued all the time. Plus I am sure my family and friends are really sick of hearing about it!

trish1955
30-04-11, 11:50
i agree the panic attacks are diffrent you have a panic attack it goes but my anxiety stays all day every day and totaly wears me out yep a panic attack nocks you bk but it passes the anxiety carries on burnin you out through the day

KayleighJane
30-04-11, 15:00
i agree the panic attacks are diffrent you have a panic attack it goes but my anxiety stays all day every day and totaly wears me out yep a panic attack nocks you bk but it passes the anxiety carries on burnin you out through the day

totally true. I am exhausted lots of the time and I think thats just through thinking all day.

mabel
30-04-11, 22:27
When I have anxiety it lasts all day, every day. It doesn't pass (well it does but it takes weeks)

Its exhausting!

But it does pass! It just takes longer!

Anxious_gal
30-04-11, 22:50
I kinda agree if I take out my worst panic attack ever because that was really scary.
Besides that one bad panic attack the anxiety is way worse!
I had bad anxiety once, took a good few months for me to calm down, I couldn't sleep or eat, I was shaking half the time, my thoughts felt weird, I felt so out of it that even now I would consider it to be some sort of mini break down.
It was the worst time of my life, never ending fear that lasted for weeks.
I have anxiety well over ten years and I shocked at how bad it can get.
But time and therapy and CBT did eventually help x

trish1955
01-05-11, 07:55
do any of you no why you got anxiety was it the panic attacks that gave it us or was it the anxiety that gave us the panic attacks just wonder wich it is all i do no is anxiety is very very tiering it compleatly wears you out