PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex whilst having dodgy stomach

kikicatfood
27-04-11, 13:43
Hi. Wondered if anyone can help? I have recently increased my dosage of cipralex from 10 mg to 15mg. In took about 5 days to feel a little better and then I had about a week of feeling good. However I was on holiday at this time and a few of us had 'holiday tummy' (diarrhea) for a few days. Since then my anxiety symptons have come back with a vengeance. Does anyone know if this is because of the diarrhea? Has my body flushed out the cipralex and its no longer working? Any advice would be appreciated?

smb25
27-04-11, 19:12
I don't think the cipralex would have been flushed out of your system. Many people suffer with upset tummy (myself included) as one of their anxiety symptons. I think the pills are absorbed into the body quite quickly anyway.

It maybe that by increasing the dose, you got a bit of serotonin "rush" for a while, now the dosage is starting to settle. Also as you say, you were on holiday, probably a lot more relaxed and none of the usual daily worries/stresses. You have probably dehydrated yourself a little too, with the upset tum. This will not help with anxiety symptons either.

Give it a little more time, I am sure it will settle down again in a week or so. Try not to worry about it.

x

kikicatfood
28-04-11, 09:13
Thanks for your reply. I will give it a little more time and if nothing improves go back and see my gp I suppose. Thanks again