PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety? Really?

abic77
27-04-11, 16:08
ALL,

Well, I had lots of strange symptoms for over a week and after being told the Drs would be a 2 week wait i decided to go and wait in the surgery until someone saw me. I have just got home and am not really convinced.

For 8 days i have had classic derealisation/depersonalisation symptoms...

- feeling surreal like i'm not really here
- headache and the odd shooting pain in my head/ear
- light headed
- lack of concentration
- inability to think of more than one thing at a time
- general lack of motivation or ability to get excited about anything
- like i was "floating" through the office

these are just a few symptoms.

I was told today that even though i have no anxiety and have not suffered a panic attack that because i had depression 2 years ago that as soon as i felt woosy i automatically associated it with depression and therefore the other symptoms came on too?

i guess that makes sense but would love to know why i started to feel the symptoms in the first place...oh well i guess it doesn't actually matter....i have now been referred to a councellor who is gonna sort my head out for me,

Just talking to a couple people they tell me that from their point of view i am a generally anxious person....could it be that all things have come to a head?

Anyway i have a headache and feel really sleepy so gonna have myself a wee nap :-)

Please feel free to give me your opinion as i would love to hear what you think?

Cheers all !

PS have had 2 panic attacks in my whole life but not for years!

Joeturner2
27-04-11, 20:23
Hey, i to was really ill last year which i managed to recover from unforunatly i have come down ill again with the same symtpoms which docs have blamed aniexty!

abic77
28-04-11, 08:37
Hey Joe,

Thanks for replying...its nice to know someone is out there!

I went for a run last night (after a 40 min nap) and I felt HORRID! I have been training for a half marathon (doing 8-10 mile runs) and have felt super up until Saturday...well I managed 8 miles but my head was pounding (like my brain was shaking around in my head!). Didn't make me feel better.

Only managed 4 miles last night but when i stopped my friend told me I looked really pale (normally i am bright red after running!).....anyway she is a nurse and suggested what i am feeling is a viral infection??? Thing is, because I have experienced these symptoms before with depression, am I automatically associating them with depression? Or is it just a viral infection that just manifest similar symptoms?
It kinda makes sense I think because if someone who had never had depression had the symtoms I've got then you would just put it down to a viral infection or something.....hhhhmmmm we;ll see! Thank goodness for another long weekend!

What you up to this weekend?

I have been invited to a garden party tomorrow for the royal wedding but can't decide whether to go or not and also whether to drink or not?????

Thanks for listening :-)