PDA

View Full Version : will i lose my mind?

times71
27-04-11, 16:13
hello all,

I feel like im losing my mind, it started 7 years ago when i thought i was having a heart attack, took myself to A & E, only to be told its just a panic attack.

7 years on, well I have good and bad days... Had to finish work early today, everything felt like it was a dream... went to my local shop on the way home.. felt my legs buckling... light headed.. could not even move out of the que to get the eggs i forgot... just needed to get out of the shop..

why do I have this fear of passing out?
I refuse to take medication, my attitute is face the fear.. do the things i most fear.. is this the right or wrong attitude?

anyway, just alittle rant... i live in a constant fear state... but, refuse to let it stop me doing what i want...

thanks for reading

neal :lac:

happycamper
27-04-11, 22:46
Hi Neal,

I think the right attitude is the one that works best for you, basically there is no right or wrong. As I understand it, facing your fears can lead to overcoming them, however if this doesn't happen maybe you need to consider other ways of coping with them, of which there are several, many of which are listed on this website.

You may be continuing to do what you want, but living in constant fear is no fun, maybe you could stop being so hard on yourself and accept a little more in the way of help??

marisa11
27-04-11, 23:01
Ok what helped me, i also have the constant light headed and fear of passing out! i have a history of fainting to phobias of needles..so i got it into my head that if it happened from that it would happen because of this feeling, but it does not... Some gave me good advice and said to me ' it wont get any worser then the worst u feel', so just endure it. i think you should like go to the shops, keep going, don't go to such crowded ones to start with. like me im managing to go to banks now and be in big cue which is something i hated...'waiting', but its ok now. It's all in your mind, so maybe text someone? when u think your about to faint or whatever, keep texting...i flood my friends with all sorts. It helps to forget about what you thinking about. then concentrate on what you read in the shops, and think about the food. Think about everything you see in the store.. so you dont think about the light headedness of when you eyes pass to objects, giving an impression of dreamlike atmosphere! i get that too :( try rescue remedy, or oils to calm at night.

Like u said face it, nothing is really wrong, its all in our minds =) just need to let your body recover from stressing so much, it might take a while , but it will happen.

Hope this helps x

GeorgiJ
02-05-11, 22:58
Hi
I often feel the same - face the fear! and I also often think I am crazy or going to go mad...but actually I don't think you will.
Your body reacts to danger and because you don't have a fight or run to make it think it's dealt with it then it has a strange reaction...and then it makes you worry that it's not normal...however anxiety it a very physical reaction to an emotion of fear....you know that there's fear there and that you are reacting to it - so I think you'll be fine - it's when you don't know what it is or why you're reacting that there's a problem.
Keep fighting - you can winr!
MJ

RealAwful
05-05-11, 10:18
the sureal feeling like everything is a dream is very common i get it all the time, you really just need to tell yourself its just anxiety and it cant hurt you (easier said then done i know). as for worrying about losing your mind thats another common symptom and i promise you arent lossing your mind, remember truly crazy people don't know they are crazy.