PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Dr's

bearzy1985
14-04-06, 18:46
Hey guys... to cut a long story short, i only have panic attacks when i go out into social situations, never at home... basically i've been having a few sessions of CBT and my therapist keeps telling me that i wont get better unless i go out and go to places... and i admit i back out most of the time because the fear i get is huge.. so i've decided to drop my theory of using no medication... because i basically don't have the guts to do much hehe... so yeah how much would you say medication has improved you confidence.. and is it worth it? thanks guys :)

tara
14-04-06, 19:25
Medication works for some and not for others.

In my case it helped me a lot, but it's for you to decide.

Tara xx

Coni
14-04-06, 21:05
Hi,

I would have to say that medication got me to a point where I was able to face certain situations (for example life!) and then tackle the underlying issues from there.

But as has been said everyone is individual and what is right for one person is not necessarily right for another.

Have you talked it over with your cbt therapist or your GP?

Coni X

bearzy1985
14-04-06, 22:41
Yeah i've talked it over with my CBT Therapist.. and she found it kinda strange that i didn't want to take medication originally after recreational drugs got me like this... makes sense now lol... but thanks guys i shall book an appointment next week... :)