PDA

View Full Version : pain in upper back and stomach

georgieg
27-04-11, 20:58
I've had health anxiety for as long as I remember and suffer from ibs. Recently I broke my ankle and spent a day in hospital being tested for a pulmonary embolism which completely freaked me out (all the tests were negative). My stomach throughout this has been OK but out of the blue tonight I have developed this awful pain in my upper LHS back and stomach. I'm really worried about it and the ibs tablets haven't worked (not that they always do). Could this be a flare up of ibs? Could it be bad posture as my leg is in a cast and I can't move very well? Any replies would be very gratefully received! I can't face another trip to the hospital or doctors and my anxiety is making things worse.:wacko:

marisa11
27-04-11, 21:44
Hello, im new, I am not sure if i suffer from ibs, i try to think i dont have anything! Well i suffer from all sorts of stress/panic attacks/anxiety.. so your not alone. I am actually a very happy woman.. anyways...to help you, I think why not try lying down? everytime i get very bad stomach pain, i lie on my back and rub my tummy and watch a movie with a nice hot chocolate. Since your at home you can try it, what i believe is try and have a more laid back attitude when it comes to your worries. like how long have u had it? has it gotten worse? I get really huge pains where i cant even stand at times. but its all normal crap i get. my doc said having milk helps...=)

Tish
28-04-11, 04:13
I've had health anxiety for as long as I remember and suffer from ibs. Recently I broke my ankle and spent a day in hospital being tested for a pulmonary embolism which completely freaked me out (all the tests were negative). My stomach throughout this has been OK but out of the blue tonight I have developed this awful pain in my upper LHS back and stomach. I'm really worried about it and the ibs tablets haven't worked (not that they always do). Could this be a flare up of ibs? Could it be bad posture as my leg is in a cast and I can't move very well? Any replies would be very gratefully received! I can't face another trip to the hospital or doctors and my anxiety is making things worse.:wacko:
When I had upper back, stomach pains it turned out to be gallstones. More common in the over 40's. I visited a GP and he referred me for a scan x