PDA

View Full Version : Nausea & weight loss help

JulieJay92
27-04-11, 22:29
Cant find my old post but am getting really down with this

I went from a size 10 to a size 6 in a matter of 2 months and it is still dropping off

i have lost all my appetite as when i eat about 5 mins later i feel full up and nauseous

Im only 5'1 so i look awful thin and im worried to death

I have googled everything and came to the conclusion it is cancer. I am so scared i dont know what to do

In an average day i eat eggs and toast for breakfast, snack on chocolate and crackers in the afternoon and have a meal of burgers and baked potato or chicken etc which is what i have usually eaten but i do walk alot more

My face is so gaunt, clothes falling off me and boobs shrunk to a 32a if even that

can anyone help or advise on what i should do or what it can be

thanks

macc noodle
27-04-11, 22:36
Hi there hon,

You haven't been here in a while.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering with problems. I do think that you really do need to see someone to get a health check (I know that it is expensive out there and that you have problems with English speaking docs) so that you can find a way through this.

I am no doctor but would think that it is anxiety related. Your earlier posts show that you suffer anxiety and were focussed on one point about your heart and blood pressure etc. Maybe your current problems are also anxiety related.

Are you sure that you are eating as well as you think you are - I know that sounds silly but sometimes we forget (in my case, I eat too much when anxious and kinda kid myself what I have actually consumed) - I find it helpful to keep a diary of what I have eaten just to keep an eye on it. Just a thought - this would then give you an idea of whether or not you are eating the same as before or if you have cut back.

Chin up, I am sure that it is not as bad as you are fearing. Keep posting and let's see if we can help you through this bad patch.

:hugs:

Jan

JulieJay92
27-04-11, 22:42
thanks macc :)

I had no internet for a few weeks due to server problems - i did lose weight when i lived here before for a while nowhere near as much as now

In 2009 i was probably nearly as thin due to no partcular cause - i contantly feel bloated after eating now and to make it worse everyone is telling me how much weight i have lost :( whic doesnt help at all - makes me more depressed

I have started to drink coca cola and eat crisps & jelly but nothing is helping :(

I know the dr is a good idea but money is so tight we struggle from day to day to pay rent etc nevermind health care

I also feel like my immune system has shut down as in the last 3 weeeks i have had colds, mosquito bites etc which i never get and generally ill

macc noodle
27-04-11, 22:56
Hey babe - if you are suffering major stresses this can make you lose weight - plus your walking lots too.

Times are hard for lots of people (we have lost most of our businesss over last 2 years and each day is a struggle to get the basics paid - so I do know where you are coming from) and it can affect your immune system if you are depressed and have lost weight.

Have you thought about taking some supplements to build yourself back up?

And I am coming round to yours if you are serving crisps and jelly :D

Jan
x

JulieJay92
28-04-11, 19:48
lol Macc - u are welcome 2 visit for jelly, cola & chocolate :)

Me and the hubby talked today and we decided i actually need to eat unhealthy fatty foods to speed up the gaining weight processn so i just ate a 6 nugget meal and large chip and cola for mcdonalds :ohmy:

I hope to be on here in a few months time moaning i have gained to much weight - i look forward to it lol

I am still worried and we all know how our thoughts can make us go crazy but this has also kept my mind of doing my BP which i was obsessed about but now i know it will be high due to all my worries i still havent even tried the machine

honeyp1e
28-04-11, 20:19
Looking back a few months ago this was me i lost all my appetite and lost just over 2 stone went down to just under 6st and i looked like i was on all kinds of drugs people even asked me if i was but i wasnt and i just was so anxious every day i was sick to the stomach i couldnt eat with the anxiety i felt so bad now about 3 weeks back i started citalopram and today and all this week all i have done is EAT & EAT like a horse esp today and now am worrying ive eaten to much lol but when i wasn't eaten it was so horrible i was so drained, couldn't move just cried all day & night i was stuck in a rut i couldnt get out of and i knew the only way out of t all was to eat and i would start getting the energy back etc but easier said than done.... you just gotta try your best.. are you on any meds

JulieJay92
28-04-11, 21:00
thanks honeypie

i take the occasional diazapem when really bad or kalms and at present i take 1 10mg amitryptline at night. Saying that when i stopped amitryptline before i put on weight so im now wondering if this has gradually started me losing weight as i only re-started taking them in december!!!!!