PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour or MS worries again

Hopefulmi
27-04-11, 23:13
I get myself back to normality for a while then the fears come back. For a few days I had twitching and jerking but this has died down. I have a low buzzing noise in my ear though, sometimes in time with my pulse and others not, but GP said ears were really clean, no infection or blockage:shrug: and then for the past two days my scalp has been really tender and tingly and sore. Today I randomly got pins and needles in my left foot and last night when sleeping on my back with my arm above my head, my arm went to sleep so when I woke up it was really hard to move it. Plus at night lights and signs or the sky menu seem to ghost really bad or even double though it does seem to help a bit with the pinhole test.

I am so scared. My baby girl just died 3 months ago and I am scared it is me next.

Christers
28-04-11, 00:23
I'm really sorry to hear of your recent loss and my heart goes out to you. I really think that all your symptoms are related to the anxiety of the loss you've suffered. If it is any consolation, i too had fears of MS or brain tumour as anxiety symptoms can mimic these diseases. I went through months of fear and panic that i was getting the disease but my doctor believed (and correctly so) i had anxiety. I didn't believe him and spent months focusing on my symptoms. Only when a ct scan showed nothing untoward did i relax and, low and behold,my symptoms eventually disappeared. I then experienced anxiety again and the symptoms once again returned. This reinforced the notion that it was me creating these symptoms. Try not to worry or focus too much on these symptoms and you might find they evetually disappear. Also, if you read through many of the posts on anxiety websites, ms and brain tumours are a very popular theme...and we can't all have the same disease! Take care of yourself and God bless!