PDA

View Full Version : The Midlands

joanne87
14-04-06, 22:28
Hi all

thinking about a meet up for everyone in the midlands at a place convenient for all.

so if you fancy it please reply and we`ll arrange it.

jo x

sillymoo
16-04-06, 20:48
hi joanne87 i live in the mids in derbyshire.i may be able to make it

Trev
16-04-06, 22:56
I'd be up for it depending on the date.

Jenny
17-04-06, 19:36
I live in Derbyshire. Depends where you want to meet up.

Jenny xx

joanne87
17-04-06, 19:53
Hi guys

Thanks for the replys, dont know where we`re meeting yet, we`ll prob find a city which is convenient for all i.e Birmingham or somewhere like that

any suggestions will be appreciated

Jo

wobily_lin
16-05-06, 19:01
Hi,

I'm in northamptonshire. Would love to meet up lol depending on my anxiety. Would be great.

Take care,

Lin,
xxx

marie ross
16-05-06, 19:29
Hi all,

I'm in Nottingham, would love to try and go!!!! Also depending on the date (work bank holidays)

Marie XXX

MrMonkey
16-05-06, 19:42
OOh meets already. I mgiht come along if its nearby, I'm in Lincoln.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Paddington
16-05-06, 22:28
i'm in the west midlands,wolverhampton!Am up 4 discussion,dependin on level of terror to travel!!Hey why dont you all move here[lol]mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

shiv
17-05-06, 10:13
Hi there,

i live in Kent but regularly drive to the midlands for work and it would be no skin off my nose to join all you midlanders, that's if you don't mind a southerner crashing your party!

Anyway, I.m good to come if it's the right day.

Shiv x

april tones
23-05-06, 23:31
Hi, i live worcestershire!
I am origanally from midlands, northfeild,west heath areas
xx
jhave family all over birmingham still

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

wobily_lin
24-05-06, 02:10
HI

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas for this meet up?? And when would be a good time for all.

Suggestions please!

Take care,xxx

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cookie
25-05-06, 14:24
Hi all,
Well I'm up for it whenever you decide to meet up! I missed the last meeting as I was a bit poorly with my anxiety but its managable at present, so I'm all systems go! Anyone got any suggestions on a venue yet?

Shell.:D

marie ross
25-05-06, 16:16
Hi,

I'll try and get there wherever you decide. I'm hopeless at suggesting anywhere, anyone got any ideas as to where and when??

Marie XXX

lin
27-05-06, 15:04
Hi

I live in birmingham (solihull) I'd love to meet up also depending on where it is and the date.

linda xx

emmy
29-05-06, 18:53
hi all im from same part as mary rose....
good idea come live down here lol......

has any of you found any where to meet up yet?

scoobygirl2005
29-05-06, 19:09
Sounds like a good idea, I think I am a few hours away lol.

Scooby2005
x x

Cookie
01-06-06, 11:02
Here's 2 links for suggested places to meet up, should take some looking through! Please post faves then we can narrow the lists down. (Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire's my favourite personally.)

Shell.:D

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-property-searchresults_2.htm?type=region&target=westmidland

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-property-searchresults_2.htm?type=region&target=eastmidland

marie ross
01-06-06, 16:20
Hiya,

Clumber Park sounds good, but thats only because i live in Nottingham!!!! Am going to have a good look through them all. I want it to be fair so everyone can manage to get the meet-up easily.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Gibbles
06-06-06, 12:14
Im in Milton Keynes, J14 on the M1

So I'll keep an eye out if you guys decide to do something :D

den64
14-06-06, 11:44
hi im denise and live in brownhills depending on where the meet is would like to try and come depending on how far the journey would be

Cookie
29-06-06, 09:37
Hi Meg,
How are you? Feeling a lot better lately thanks, although my life has been quite eventful to say the least! Finally getting a grip on this whole anxiety malarky! Hope you're doing okay.

Calke Abbey looks nice by the way. I wouldn't mind going there. What does everyone else want to do? Come on peeps![:P]

Shell.x:D

Paddington
29-06-06, 12:13
i love whitick manor!But then is on my doorstep[there is a fab pub on the corner too!!]i could do shropshire too,not too far away.Other idea would be to meet in smaller groups in similar areas maybe [for those,who simply cant do far awy!]just a thought .love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tyra
02-07-06, 00:14
i would love to meet everyone i live in birmingham
luv tyra

kuddles
06-07-06, 23:10
im originally from Solihull and come home alot so ill be up for it. Preferably a weekend please!!

K

Juliamidlands
10-08-06, 14:44
What about somewhere more central like Birmingham? it has good transport links

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

Trev
10-08-06, 15:33
I'd say it needs somebody to grab hold of this and just specify a place and propose a couple of date options. I would normally be happy to do this but I can't committ to anything at the moment due to circumstances outside of my control. It'd be unfair if I took on the organisation and then couldn't make it!!

Cheers,
Trev :D

suzanne
10-08-06, 16:00
I would love to meet up, but it frightens me to go too far from home, i live in Cannock. The centre of Birmingham oh noooooooooooooo. scary.

take care
suzanne[:P]

s shaw

net
10-08-06, 17:03
i dont live too far from cannock, i cant get into birmingham as i have problems travelling on public transport on my own

net

netty

Juliamidlands
11-08-06, 14:16
Suzanne- I love Birmingham city centre, it's buzzing! Ok some parts of it are a bit grim but I really love the area round Brindleyplace, and also the bullring :D

I think someone needs to take charge of the meet and propose a date and stuff like it has just been suggested- I would be happy to do this myself if circumstances with our house move were not so up in the air :-( x

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

Cookie
13-08-06, 21:32
Right then, what about this:

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-wightwickmanor/

Its in wolverhampton, thought that might be a good halfway point for everyone? Let me know what you think!

P.S. As far as dates go, what about sunday the 27th of august? Its open tuesday to saturday usually, but I know most people would prefer a sunday. Its open on that date for the bank holiday weekend. Might be a bit busy though? Just a suggestion![8D]

net
14-08-06, 15:56
cant make it that weekend and would we have to pay cos the page says £6.50 i cant afford that.

netty

tammyg
14-08-06, 18:20
Well done for taking this on Shell!

That weekend sounds good but you're right about it being quite busy. Not sure what to suggest. Maybe see what other feedback you get and decide from there.

I think I will come along either way (assuming it's before September that is!)

Tammy x

suzanne
14-08-06, 19:02
Well done for making the decision.

I hope many reply to you although i would love to meet up i cannot make that weekend. Im sorry.

If anyone lives near me at Cannock i will be happy to drive when another date comes up.

Suzanne x:D

s shaw

Cookie
17-08-06, 20:13
We'll change the date then, seeing as those that have replied can't make it. Lets have some suggestions folks or we're never gonna meet up!!!![:P]

net
19-08-06, 19:50
how about sunday september 10th at sutton park four oaks gate by the lake

netty

Lydia2600
26-08-06, 18:57
Hi,

I have just joined the forum and I live in Wolverhampton. I would love to meet up with any local members.

Please let me know if anyone decides on anything.

Lydia...

bluebottle
27-08-06, 04:22
I'm in the East Midlands, and don't drive, so its just too far away. Its a pity because I could really do with getting out and meeting new people.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Paddington
31-08-06, 00:31
oh cant believe i missed that post shell!I would have come for sure!!I bet lydia would have come too...i am thinkin maybe as i said before smaller meets locally may be better,the midlands is vast!Pm me if any one up for whitwick manor again!Or just the pub on the corner,ha ha ha!!love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
03-09-06, 12:41
Hi,
I live in stoke on trent and id love meet up with you.
Sutton park sounds great to me. Ive got a friend who lives in four oaks and i could ask her of a possible venue.
I think we should definitely set a date for a sunday sometime in the october. I agree with you mary the midlands is a vast area so perhaps it would be better for smaller meets.
The pub round the corner sounds great for a sunday lunch and a chin wag or id be up for whitwick manor.

Lynn

redbaron
04-09-06, 17:06
I've only just joined so forgive me if my participation in this long-ongoing thread seems presumptuous. The Midlands is quite a big area when you take Worcs/Shrop/Nott/Northants all together. Birmingham is pretty Central but quite a long way for a fair few people to get to not to mention difficult to park etc.

Perhaps to expadite meetings of people it would be a good idea to split the Midlands into different sections. There seem a lot of people in Derby/Nottingham area as well as in the East brum area.

I would like very much to meet up with people who have some understanding of the sort of things we have to deal with every day, but I am aware as a newbie there are many who may have built up long standing relationships through the forum with one another for some time and I don't want to get in the way of them.

Also for those who have the anxiety of travelling alone or such like those of us who don't may be able to help out, tho' if I don't have to drive it would be nice to have a pint!

Just my thoughts for what they're worth, thanks for reading.

“There is a certain sort of man who ignores his own good qualities but is tormented by his bad ones, this is the man who writes about himself.”
-W. Somerset Maugham

net
05-09-06, 16:57
i dont live far from wolverhampton and have a car because i have problems with public transport, i'm quite happy to drive people somewhere as long as i can park the car and its not in a crowded pub i dont mind pubs jut not the crowd, october sounds good

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

jenz
12-09-06, 21:03
Hi im new im from warwickshire - i do drive and can jsut about manage a train - have we decided on a date yet or a place cause i would love to meet up !!!

Cookie
12-09-06, 22:37
Right chaps,
I really need to meet up with somebody, even if its just ONE of you! Having a really **** time at the minute, and could do with peeps that understand what I'm going through.
I'm putting myself out there, but I am prepared to meet up at my house. I live in Heanor, derbyshire, so if anyone fancies it, just let me know. We'll have a beer, or go bowling, pictures, whatever, don't matter to me.

Just get in touch. (P.S. Its not as scary as what you might think.)

Shell.xx:D

jenz
12-09-06, 22:43
hiya hun ive im'd you - but yes i agree i need to meet up too im having a really sh***y time right now too !!
Anyone else ??

x jenz x

Cookie
12-09-06, 22:55
Me and Jenz are gonna meet up. Who else is up for it? In Derby if you're interested.

Cookie
12-09-06, 23:02
PM me ( send me a personal message),
and we'll sort a meet up out.
I need some friends right now, don't know about you lot! But I've got a tendencey to isolate myself, so I don't know many people(don't know anyone!), so a meet up means a lot to me. Could do with some 'proper' friends.

elemden
13-09-06, 20:13
I'm in Wolverhampton and would like to meet up with people anywhere cannock/wolverhamptonish.
I do have some trouble in public places (couldn't do anything to do with food!) but would be happy to give it a go!
I'm better week-day evenings, so if anyone is interested...

Ele x

net
15-09-06, 18:03
ele

i dont live too far from cannock
what sort of places are you most comfortable with. maybe we could arrange something

netty

Paddington
13-10-06, 10:48
hi ele and netty,did you guys meet up yet?I am in wolvo too.If you still fancy a meet up any one pm me,would be lovely to meet up.I can drive very short distances now so it should be ok!WHer abouts in wolves areyou both?Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

net
14-10-06, 17:50
maryrose

i live in cannock and only really know wolves town centre

is there anywhere you would like to meet
i'm ok driving

netty

Paddington
16-10-06, 12:18
i think i could do the town centre now!So i am up for it,any day better for you or maybe a weekend??Any one else up for it??If not we will stillget together net,Keep in touch hun,mary rose,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mad_shell66
20-10-06, 16:59
hiya guys, im in brownhills, 3 miles from cannock. if you arrange any meet-ups let me know
xx

net
21-10-06, 13:48
maryrose
i'm better in the week. do you have any idea where about to meet.

mad_shell
are you able to drive cos i can meet you and pick you up in brownhills as i live nearer brownhills than cannock

netty

Paddington
21-10-06, 18:39
you two make a date and i will fall in with it,it will be good to meet up.We can meet in town i spose??Havent been on my own for years ,oooh scarey!!love mary rose.xxx

mad_shell66
27-10-06, 08:28
no i dont drive. where abouts do you live?x