PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive toughts TAKE OVER Help!!

Chem
29-04-11, 17:00
I came to the board and found it taken over by threads about intrusive thoughts. Sorry for another.

I know from my own experience how distressing they can be, but please can people check if there is a similar post they could respond to before starting another.

Not only does it take ages to read through today's threads, but it can be disturbing for a sufferer if they see so much prominence given to something that worries them.

Thanks!

suzy-sue
29-04-11, 17:58
The threads apart from one if I remember correctly chem ,are old and have been repeat posted by one member "Here 2 Help" .I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHY THO .:shrug: Sue x

NoPoet
29-04-11, 22:33
It may be because intrusive thoughts are the main thing trapping most of us into states of anxiety and depression, and we don't like bumping similar threads that are 2 years old, or hijacking other peoples' threads. Everyone needs to be heard.

That said, anyone reading this who experiences negative thoughts should check this out:

http://www.panic-and-anxiety-attacks.com/intrusive-thoughts/

NoPoet
29-04-11, 22:35
*Looks through the forum*

Whoops, I see what you mean, sorry. Maybe if someone has an incredible piece of advice that is directed to everyone instead of just one specific member, they could create a single thread with that advice and ask the mods to Sticky it.

nomorepanic
29-04-11, 22:37
Yes the member seems to have replied to a lot of old threads. I will look into it and contact them about it

Here2Help
02-05-11, 11:49
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to apologise for the crazy number of posts which I made a few days ago. In reflection, it was definitely over the top and I didn't realise to what extent they were showing up on the forum - I'm a bit new to all this so hope I haven't caused too much trouble!

Just to explain, I am very passionate about the subject of intrusive thoughts. I have been suffering from them for a couple of months now (I've never had them to this extent before) and found the references that I included in the posts to be very insightful and enabled me to overcome these thoughts. I therefore wanted to pass them on to as many people as possible.

Sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best wishes