PDA

View Full Version : Feel so low - bronchitis

judipat
29-04-11, 19:21
Hi

I have had a bad bout of bronchitis now for nearly a week and have felt sooooooo ill with it. Doctor gave me anti biotics which have helped clear up the infection, but i still dont feel much better.
I know I have lost a lot of sleep due to the coughing and have spent the last 5 nights propped up on the sofa - I think i've averaged only 2-3 hours each night + naps during the day.
I feel so totally exhausted and this has sent my anxiety sky rocketing. I know this is stupid, but I cant help it.
Is this normal with bronchitis??
Has anyone else had it?? and how long does it take to clear up.
Feel very, very low at present.

Judi

snowgoose
29-04-11, 19:34
hi judi :)

oh god yes ..have had bronchitis :mad:.............the spluttering and coughing ..........the exhaustion ..........sitting up in chair at night . no swear words allowed here .............but boy I could say some :blush:

it will take a while I am afraid to say ............the cough takes a while to go .
goes tickly next :mad:

but you will feel better in yourself each day as the infection and inflammation dies down .......more energy and breathing much relieved xx
the old answer again :wacko:..................time and patience .
have you tried steam inhalations ? excellent .............close door when running bath and inhale . or bowl of hot water and towel. xx

judipat
30-04-11, 00:11
Thanks for your reply snowgoose.
I know deep down that bronchitis can make you feel like this - but I feel so low, i think it makes me panicky.
I have this awful pain in my upper back now - i thinks its from coughing so much.
I have been inhaling steam which the doc told me to do.
Thanks again

Judi