PDA

View Full Version : such a thing as panic after effects??

Ashtonsmam
14-04-06, 23:52
Hiya Everyone,,i hope you are all well,,

Is there such a thing as panic attack after effects which last months after the attack??

i had 3 very bad panic attacks one after the other all lasting around 15mins each after a bad reaction to an antidepressant 9 months ago,,to this day i suffer constantly with the same symptoms i had during them attacks,,even after the last attack subsided and i felt SO dizzy and off balance,confused,bright sensitive vision,racing heartbeat,shaking and nausea i thought after a couple of hours i would be back to normal again,,but that wasnt the case,,,im still like that now,,i am anxious constantly where i feel im about to go into an attack at any moment but i never do,,im taking an antidepressant and a beta blocker to help me through the day,,but im just wondering what it could be?? even when im not all that anxious i STILL have all the symptoms,,what do you all think?? thankyou xx

giddy
15-04-06, 08:00
Hi - sorry to hear you're having a tough time. This sounds like general anxiety, I started with panic attacks at night, but these have stopped and I now have the symptoms you describe, but rarely panic anymore. Try not to be scared of them, try to relax and think positively (easier said than done I know!!) and they will start to disappear.
Take Care
Love Helen

ashley
15-04-06, 11:55
hiya ashton
This is defintley general anxiety.. this is what happens after our bodies have been in a state of shock.. during a panic attack.
you are having all these nasty symptoms because you are scared of anthour panic attack.
Has the anti-depressant helped you atall,because if its not doing its job maybe you may need to up the dosage or try a diferent brand..if this is the case go back to the doctor.

All the symptoms you are having arnt nice atall and i know how you are feeling love, we have all been there--but yes this is defintley general anxiety.

ashley x

katyfitz
15-04-06, 12:37
this is definately general anxiety, reading your post was like i had written it myself.

nomorepanic
15-04-06, 17:04
Yes it is now anxiety and that can go on for a long time as well I am afraid.

Nicola

devon_guy
15-04-06, 19:40
Yes unfortunately its classic anxiety symptoms. I suffer from nausea and dizziness even though I'm not having a panic attack, and the symptoms get worse if I fret over them or dwell on them too much. Try some relaxation and breathing exercises, that might help.

GillT
16-04-06, 11:53
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya Everyone,,i hope you are all well,,

Is there such a thing as panic attack after effects which last months after the attack??

i had 3 very bad panic attacks one after the other all lasting around 15mins each after a bad reaction to an antidepressant 9 months ago,,to this day i suffer constantly with the same symptoms i had during them attacks,,even after the last attack subsided and i felt SO dizzy and off balance,confused,bright sensitive vision,racing heartbeat,shaking and nausea i thought after a couple of hours i would be back to normal again,,but that wasnt the case,,,im still like that now,,i am anxious constantly where i feel im about to go into an attack at any moment but i never do,,im taking an antidepressant and a beta blocker to help me through the day,,but im just wondering what it could be?? even when im not all that anxious i STILL have all the symptoms,,what do you all think?? thankyou xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by Ashtonsmam - 15 April 2006 : 00:52:30</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

GillT
16-04-06, 11:54
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya Everyone,,i hope you are all well,,

<div align="right">Originally posted by Ashtonsmam - 15 April 2006 : 00:52:30</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

GillT
16-04-06, 11:58
That is exactly what has happened to me. Cant believe it. I had a really bad panic attack about a month ago and have felt really ill ever since with headache,flu-like feelings and nausea. Sometimes it is really bad for about half an hour almost like a minor panic attack but basically I feel all the time. Cannot believe this can just be stress as I feel so ill but doctors cant find any other cause so I suppose it must be. Dont know what to do about it though. I get upset which I guess makes it worse.

jackie
16-04-06, 12:18
im afraid its a vicious circle. you have the attack, you fear another, you get another, you are anxious about another, and so the symptoms of anxiety begin, the reacing heart, the fears, the lightheadedness, the sore chest the aching stomach

have you ever read claire weekes book on all these symptoms and how they begin and how to end them?

jackie

jackie
16-04-06, 12:19
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=reading

sorry this is the site where you can get the book entitled self help for your nerves

jackie