PDA

View Full Version : New and panicking now

BrotherJ
30-04-11, 00:15
Hi all

Just joined whilst having a full blown attack after been dragged from sleep by it , Its becoming a living nightmare dealing with the symptoms and then stressing about having another attack every time I close my eye's . I can't even pinpoint the reason for them . Its been about two weeks since the first serious one happened and I wound up in the A&E here with my blood pressure through the roof , of course the doc on duty wasn't thrilled to see me at 2 in the morning so they just gave me blood pressure meds and let me on a drip whilst I carried on having issues with pain in my forearms and chest and this constant " im dying arent I " thoughts running through my head. Docs put me on Xanax until I can see a Psychologist next week but I've read some really nasty things about the stuff which to be honest I'll take any way just to feel normal , what I wouldn't give now to be back were I was feeling two weeks ago ..........:wacko:

diane07
30-04-11, 00:18
Hi BrotherJ

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

christos
30-04-11, 00:28
Welcome BrotherJ, you are in a good forum here, try and not get too worked up over the doctors, they can be a bit silly on times!

MJD
30-04-11, 00:44
It's alright mate...try and relax. What are you worried about specifically ?

BrotherJ
30-04-11, 00:44
Thanks for the Warm Welcome its greatly appreciated , would any one be able to comment on drug interaction personal experience etc . I've been perscribed Xanax which is quick working but has a bad write up for being addictive and your body gets used to it as well ... not something I really want to hear or find out at the wrong time

MJD
30-04-11, 00:48
Can't help there.

Just spent most of my afternoon feeling I was a mentalist and v. frightened.

BrotherJ
30-04-11, 00:48
Honestly speaking @MJD I just woke up like I usually have in the past two weeks , because of cycle like dreams /thoughts and as soon as I realize whats going on the panic starts like an ice cold splash of water on my back . breathing becomes difficult and not even the exercises I know for relaxation help to bring me back to a normal state
This is going to go on for hours now

BrotherJ
30-04-11, 00:52
@MJD wish I had some words of wisdom but Im so new to all this I'd rather nopt make you feel any worse , are you still experiencing the attack?

MJD
30-04-11, 01:18
Mate, I'm a newbie here...and can't offer any other words of wisom apart from:

1. Breathe from the diaphram
2. Don't lie there....get up and distract yourself
3. It REALLY is only a PA
4. Take comfort from this site - it's fantastic and I only found it today.

MJD

rogermac
09-05-11, 23:50
wow, I'm liking this forum already. everyone seems to be giving out such great help. no one can ever feel alone here :D