PDA

View Full Version : Hi, oldie but newly registered

upandown
30-04-11, 16:09
Hey,

Hope u all ok. been viewing this forum for nearly a year now. been very helpful. Last time i visited was about 2 months ago...

Today has been awful, just afraid something bad might happen. Feels like im hitting the deep phase again :(

nomorepanic
30-04-11, 16:18
Hi upandown

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

upandown
30-04-11, 16:20
Hi upandown

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Thank You

Elen
30-04-11, 16:37
are you getting any help?

upandown
30-04-11, 17:18
I started CBT around November , went up to high intensity after a few sessions. The therapist found out i had OCD, but after four sessions ive kinda gave up as it kind of made things worse.

So shes given me around a month to let her know if i want to carry on, reallr dont see the point

PS: 7th Month of fluoxetine 20mg. Really want to stop taking this crap! :blush:

Thanks for asking

Elen
30-04-11, 17:33
I found therapy made me feel worse for a while but then I seemed to break through that.

7 month on fluoxetine is not really long, have you thought about upping the dose?

upandown
30-04-11, 20:15
I found therapy made me feel worse for a while but then I seemed to break through that.

7 month on fluoxetine is not really long, have you thought about upping the dose?

I just want to stop, can't imagine upping the dose. Im only 21 and at this age depending on pills wasn't exactly how i planned out my life :(

Elen
30-04-11, 20:31
At the risk of sounding patronizing I was offered help in my twenties and did not carry it through. Now 20 years later I had a bit of a meltdown and have been forced to accept treatment and I kick myself every day for not doing the first time around.

You have to do what is right for you and I wish you all the luck in the world.

upandown
30-04-11, 22:14
At the risk of sounding patronizing I was offered help in my twenties and did not carry it through. Now 20 years later I had a bit of a meltdown and have been forced to accept treatment and I kick myself every day for not doing the first time around.

You have to do what is right for you and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Did you take AD at that time? How did you cope throughout those years?

Elen
30-04-11, 22:58
I did but don't really remember much about it. Have coped by hiding and not living and then turning to alchohol but it did not work

upandown
01-05-11, 12:19
I did but don't really remember much about it. Have coped by hiding and not living and then turning to alchohol but it did not work

Thats awful :hugs:

I just feel robotic on these meds, its ard to explain how it is. not to mention the long term effects of being on SSRI's

Elen
01-05-11, 12:57
yes I have to admit I am entering a phase where I am feeling a bit fuzzy but it is better than the mental torture I have been putting myself through so I am going to stick it a while longer.

I have a councelling session on Friday and honestly don't know what I will be talking about as I feel a bit removed from my emotions

upandown
01-05-11, 13:09
yes I have to admit I am entering a phase where I am feeling a bit fuzzy but it is better than the mental torture I have been putting myself through so I am going to stick it a while longer.

I have a councelling session on Friday and honestly don't know what I will be talking about as I feel a bit removed from my emotions

How many session have you had and what meds are you on?

paula lynne
01-05-11, 13:09
Hi Elen, maybe writing a few things down and taking it to your councelling session will help you. All the best x

Elen
01-05-11, 13:14
Thanks Paula I normally do. I think that the last session is the first one I have got through without reading stuff that I had prepared.

Normally I keep a diary but have not been keeping it up to date at the moment.

By the time I get back from work I am exhausted and so far removed from myself that I can't think of anything to write.

I am sure that it will pass.

Elen
01-05-11, 13:15
How many session have you had and what meds are you on?

So far 9 sessions and I am on fluoxetine 20mg which seemed to take forever to have any effect whatsoever.

upandown
01-05-11, 13:21
So far 9 sessions and I am on fluoxetine 20mg which seemed to take forever to have any effect whatsoever.

Private or via NHS? how long you been on flu for? Sorry for the million questions :blush:

I rememembr when i started fluoxetine i was all over the place, went from hell to HELL! vomiting each morning, constantly over the edge, troubled sleep, more panicky etc etc. Took a good month or 2 to kick in.

And before i knew it i was living life 'almost' normaly again, expect ups and downs (as my username suggests), i had days when i would think wow i feel greatish but also days where i just thaught whats the point, but overall fluoxetine has helped me i think.

Elen
01-05-11, 13:31
Private or via NHS? how long you been on flu for? Sorry for the million questions :blush:

I rememembr when i started fluoxetine i was all over the place, went from hell to HELL! vomiting each morning, constantly over the edge, troubled sleep, more panicky etc etc. Took a good month or 2 to kick in.

And before i knew it i was living life 'almost' normaly again, expect ups and downs (as my username suggests), i had days when i would think wow i feel greatish but also days where i just thaught whats the point, but overall fluoxetine has helped me i think.

No problem re the questions, councelling has been arranged through a support group and has been hard work but worth it I think. Before all this happened I would not dream of telling anyone how ill I was. I would just cover everything up and then beat myself up about how useless I was.

Councelling has made me think about things and face things that perhaps I would rather not. It has also given me a belief that if I keep working I will eventually get out of this depression.

I have been on fluoxetine for 8 weeks now and you are right it has been absolute hell. Disturbed sleep, horrible panic attacks (something I have never had before).

That has all gone now just having trouble getting up in the morning and by mid afternoon I am usually exhausted.

Thank goodness for this website, I found out all the things that the doctor and the leaflet don't tell you and it gave me the strength to keep going.

I am not expecting it to be a miracle cure and it is always great to hear from someone who it has helped.

Elen
01-05-11, 13:34
Hey,

Hope u all ok. been viewing this forum for nearly a year now. been very helpful. Last time i visited was about 2 months ago...

Today has been awful, just afraid something bad might happen. Feels like im hitting the deep phase again :(

So sorry just realised that I have not asked how you are feeling today. I hope that is an Up day.

upandown
01-05-11, 14:26
So sorry just realised that I have not asked how you are feeling today. I hope that is an Up day.

Its ok don't wory about it. Today isnt much of an up, started off ok but not brilliant. I guess alot is to do with face i havnt got much do at the moment.

Hang on there with the Fluoxetine, i agree with the limited info available from some docs and the leaflet itself. One of the biggest long term side effect is general tiredness throughout the dat, it's like you have to the motive to something but there's only so much your body lets you do.

I rememebr when i was at 6-8 weeks i was thinking like you in terms of no effect, but i found it worked in a way without me realising.

What time of day do you take your meds?

Elen
01-05-11, 14:32
Its ok don't wory about it. Today isnt much of an up, started off ok but not brilliant. I guess alot is to do with face i havnt got much do at the moment.

Hang on there with the Fluoxetine, i agree with the limited info available from some docs and the leaflet itself. One of the biggest long term side effect is general tiredness throughout the dat, it's like you have to the motive to something but there's only so much your body lets you do.

I rememebr when i was at 6-8 weeks i was thinking like you in terms of no effect, but i found it worked in a way without me realising.

What time of day do you take your meds?

Sorry you are not having a great day. I always feel worse on days that I am not working. I have loads to do but instead am sitting here on the computer.

Bother I was hoping that the tiredness would lift.

The 6 week mark was awfull. I started to have sucidal thoughts for the first time in years.

I take them in the morning, you?

upandown
01-05-11, 14:54
Sorry you are not having a great day. I always feel worse on days that I am not working. I have loads to do but instead am sitting here on the computer.

Bother I was hoping that the tiredness would lift.

The 6 week mark was awfull. I started to have sucidal thoughts for the first time in years.

I take them in the morning, you?

Same here, have a lot to do but just too lazy to start. but once you get into that phase you feel better.

I was advised to take jus before bed

Elen
01-05-11, 15:01
I am determined that I am going to have something to show for today so will allow myself another half hour here and then I really will have to shift myself.

happycamper
01-05-11, 16:08
Welcome upandown,

Hope you find this forum helpful as I have done. It seems lots of people find CBT quite tough, bear that in mind before you give it the boot won't you... it may be you would benefit from at least some aspects of CBT that you can hold onto into your older years to manage your anxiety...? It seems to me that managing anxiety is something many people have to do for the long haul.

Clare.

upandown
01-05-11, 19:46
Welcome upandown,

Hope you find this forum helpful as I have done. It seems lots of people find CBT quite tough, bear that in mind before you give it the boot won't you... it may be you would benefit from at least some aspects of CBT that you can hold onto into your older years to manage your anxiety...? It seems to me that managing anxiety is something many people have to do for the long haul.

Clare.

yes anxiety is becoming a long term issue and of course there are some things which i have benefited from to help me cope but seems to me its just all common sense

Lindy
02-05-11, 00:40
Hello, just wanted to say don't give up. I was diagnosed with depression at 19 and it took me ages to get to the top of the nhs waiting list for help. I nearly ducked out on it too, and if it hadn't been for an older friend who had himself had some counselling who encouraged me to stick at it, I'd have probably bailed. It is hard work, and for me, stuff did get worse before it got better, but ultimately I did beat it and I was able to get off the ADs. Good luck :)

upandown
02-05-11, 21:29
Hello, just wanted to say don't give up. I was diagnosed with depression at 19 and it took me ages to get to the top of the nhs waiting list for help. I nearly ducked out on it too, and if it hadn't been for an older friend who had himself had some counselling who encouraged me to stick at it, I'd have probably bailed. It is hard work, and for me, stuff did get worse before it got better, but ultimately I did beat it and I was able to get off the ADs. Good luck :)

Thanks a million. How old are you now if you dont mind asking?

Been a much better day for today :)

paula lynne
02-05-11, 21:53
Hi, a belated welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us!:welcome:

Elen
02-05-11, 23:00
upanddown great that you have had a better day - well done

upandown
03-05-11, 20:17
upanddown great that you have had a better day - well done

How have you been lately?