PDA

View Full Version : Pud not working properly

Greenman50
30-04-11, 21:29
Any guys on here on citralapram 20 mg or more have the male issue of it being fully loaded but not being able to fire there gun ?
Can,t think of any other way of putting it . Been on the cit since January and on the rare occassions i get the chance i would actually like to be able to get to the finishing line .
Has anyone had this issue and it gets better ? or am i stuck with this problem for as long as i,m on these meds .
I know its not really a biggie in the grand scheme of things , but if you can,t ask on here where else can you ask , my Doctors Female so not asking her i,m to embarresed to and how would she know anyway and my mates would just wet themselves laughing .

suzy-sue
30-04-11, 22:31
www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14723&page=4 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14723&page=4)

KK77
30-04-11, 22:52
I know its not really a biggie in the grand scheme of things ,

Excuse the pun Mel :roflmao:

It does get easier with time and in fact can work in your favour - eventually :D

Greenman50
30-04-11, 23:47
Excuse the pun Mel :roflmao:

It does get easier with time and in fact can work in your favour - eventually :D

Git !:D

Thanks for the replies , Sue ill have a good read through the links tomoz thanks for posting .

Glad its not just me it seems a common male side effect , wonder why this is ? . Seems rather trivial to post about but if you don,t ask you don,t learn :yesyes:

Thanks again

suzy-sue
01-05-11, 00:11
Its not just Men Mel ,women have the same trouble .This link explains why it happens . www.depressionny.com/q&a-sexualse.htm (http://www.depressionny.com/q&a-sexualse.htm). sue

KK77
01-05-11, 00:34
Its not just Men Mel ,women have the same trouble .This link explains why it happens . www.depressionny.com/q&a-sexualse.htm (http://www.depressionny.com/q&a-sexualse.htm). sue

That's the answer then Sue: get your wife on citalopram too :wacko:

Tero
01-05-11, 03:01
You could try to go at 10mg, see if it makes a difference.

Not sure if the issue changes, say after a year.

Greenman50
01-05-11, 08:50
Thanks Guys .
Seems its very common . I think i,m going to ask my DR about reduceing to 10 mg of the citralapram on my next visit next week . I would think she will want me to stay on the 20 mg for another 2 months first i think .

I just want to get off all the meds i,m on if i,m honest , but i,m not going to rush things like the stomach meds i knew best on :blush:and went backwards for a few weeks untill i upped the dose .

Sue ....many thanks for the link your very helpfull as always :D.

Thanks again everyone :hugs:

Tero
01-05-11, 12:18
Now that I think of it, the "success rate" may be less than normal for me the male. But think of it this way, your lady may get something out of it, if you can put in a partial performance.

Good luck.

Jayuk
01-05-11, 16:45
I am the same on fluoxetine!

Greenman50
01-05-11, 18:31
Now that I think of it, the "success rate" may be less than normal for me the male. But think of it this way, your lady may get something out of it, if you can put in a partial performance.

Good luck.

Cheers mate , oh yea i,m still going to dip my bread in when i can , half a one is better than nowt in my house ..lol..

suzy-sue
01-05-11, 22:37
It's one of the key reasons why people (men and women) stop taking SSRIs - the sexual side effects. Apparently citalopram is not quite as bad as the others - not that I found it much better. Gingko Biloba is meant to help (didn't find that worked either). If you can get over the embarrassment, maybe try to speak to your GP in case there are any new things to try. I ask my male GP about it hehe.

The Ancient Egyptians used Ginko Biloba .But it wasnt dried rubbish you get nowadays .Its not advisable to take with Citalopram .There is a better alternative called Ashwaganda .But I don know if you can take this with cit or not .SNRIs are supposedly less likely to cause this side effect ,but I expect some still will have this problem on them .In low doses Cit is perscribed for Errectile Dysfunction because of its relaxing properties ..Sue

haz
01-05-11, 23:57
Same on sertraline! :mad:

Thanks for that link Sue. x

Greenman50
02-05-11, 00:47
Looks like its a male and female issue then and also other AD,S aswell :mad:.

Don,t feel as bad now i know some of you peeps are not on the nest 24/7 really enjoying yourselfs ..lol.....i thought it was just me .

Hope it gets better for everyone .

Time for me to go to bed and stare at the ceiling for a few hours before my two hours alloted sleep i get from these meds aswell .

Plus side is its another lovely day forcast for tommorow and ill see most of it :yesyes:
Enjoy the bank holiday .

StevenT
17-05-11, 11:29
I wouldn't ask for medical advice on the net.
How do you know who is replying and why they are.
Ask to see a male doctor.

KK77
17-05-11, 16:15
I wouldn't ask for medical advice on the net.
How do you know who is replying and why they are.
Ask to see a male doctor.

No one is diagnosing any one here - we're not doctors and neither do we claim to be.

We share experiences, ideas, thoughts and always advise a member to see their doctor if in doubt.

Is this not the reason why you joined here? To meet people who understand and can empathise?

Greenman50
17-05-11, 18:19
No one is diagnosing any one here - we're not doctors and neither do we claim to be.

We share experiences, ideas, thoughts and always advise a member to see their doctor if in doubt.

Is this not the reason why you joined here? To meet people who understand and can empathise?

Thats how i see it melancholia77 and apreciated everyones reply :D

I know its a side effect but was just after some sympathy ..lol..

Its still Broken .

KK77
17-05-11, 18:47
Its still Broken .

Fear not - I will send BB round to de-pud you :scared15:

Greenman50
17-05-11, 23:41
:yesyes:Cheers ....i think ..lol..

Not been the DR,s for ages just getting repeat prescriptions but i do feel back to normal now , so i,m going to see about the 10 mg dose down from 20 mg , i know i can do this , i,m in no rush and will be guided by the DR :yesyes:
Hope you guys are all doing well

haz
18-05-11, 00:46

Well said! The majority of Doctors have not taken the medicine they prescribe and can only go by "textbook" symptoms. I find others shared experiences very helpful.

Haz. x

shoegal
18-05-11, 01:30
I agree with Haz on that point.

Greenman50
26-05-11, 17:53
My pud is now going to be out of action for the next 6 months .

Been for a 2 month meds review and i feel back to normal almost apart from the stomach issues and the globus , oh and the ibs :blush:

But hey i can live with it all it was the derpression i couldn,t take and i do feel like my old self :yesyes:......but the DR won,t reduce the dose of citralapram untill i,ve been symtom free for 6 months then a slow reduction on the dose . Apparantly this is the best way to do it or some peeps are back on them within a month , its the best way so you don,t end up the same again . I know she is right she is a lovely careing DR .

I didn,t mention my broken willie :huh:

So thats my lot , middle aged , balding head and a broken pud . Oh yea and the doctor checked a tiny lump on my face and its the start of a small wart i keep catching when i,m shaveing :weep:.

Anyone fancy a date ?:roflmao:

KK77
26-05-11, 19:03
My pud is now going to be out of action for the next 6 months .

Been for a 2 month meds review and i feel back to normal almost apart from the stomach issues and the globus , oh and the ibs :blush:

But hey i can live with it all it was the derpression i couldn,t take and i do feel like my old self :yesyes:......but the DR won,t reduce the dose of citralapram untill i,ve been symtom free for 6 months then a slow reduction on the dose . Apparantly this is the best way to do it or some peeps are back on them within a month , its the best way so you don,t end up the same again . I know she is right she is a lovely careing DR .

I didn,t mention my broken willie :huh:

So thats my lot , middle aged , balding head and a broken pud . Oh yea and the doctor checked a tiny lump on my face and its the start of a small wart i keep catching when i,m shaveing :weep:.

Anyone fancy a date ?:roflmao::roflmao:

Libido does gradually return Mel (along with some "function" of "pud") - it's not all "downhill" :shades:

I will send Nancy the inflatable marvel your way, so do keep your end up, Mel old chap :roflmao:

Ahem.

Greenman50
26-05-11, 20:19
:roflmao::roflmao:

The labido is still there mate , it just won,t fire :blush: Its just a waste of time !!!

I,m going to have to go back to see a male doctor , just feel daft going in for just that . I had intentions of mentioning it today but as soon as i looked at the female Doctor i knew i wouldn,t fess up . There people with much worse problems than that and i really am gratefull for feeling well again :yesyes:

Really frustrateing its putting me right off doing it and i don,t get the oppotunatey that often .
I feel like i,ve been robbed .
Whats the doll look like and does it come with a puncture repair outfit ?

haz
26-05-11, 22:26
You should speak to your doctor about it. It's REALLY common in people who take ssri's. She'll have heard it loads of times before and might be able to help. I had to speak to not one but TWO male doctors (consultant and junior) about this. I kinda made a joke about it and they were both laughing but also very sympathetic and understanding.

Oh, and I'm female by the way :D

Tyke
27-05-11, 01:22
It might come back Mel, I'm male and on Sertraline. I was the same when I first started taking the Sert (another SSRI), but back to normal shooting capabilities now. It was really grim, I do know what you are going through. I was depressed anyway, but taking away one of my few remaining pleasures was unduly harsh :mad:. I began to wonder if whoever invented these bloomin anti-depressants secretly had a sick sense of humour :D:D:D! Mrs Tyke didn't have any complaints though :).

It's worth seeing the doc if it continues. Six months is like a prison sentence :weep:. There might be something else they could give you instead. Failing that I just hope you find inflatable Nancy attractive enough to help. I have an electric pump which you could borrow if you want, just so you don't overtax yourself beforehand :blush:.

Tyke

KK77
27-05-11, 22:53
Whats the doll look like and does it come with a puncture repair outfit ?

http://www.pointsincase.com/images/blowup_doll.jpg

(Puncture repair kit and foot-pump not included.)

Greenman50
28-05-11, 01:13
http://www.pointsincase.com/images/blowup_doll.jpg

(Puncture repair kit and foot-pump not included.)

PM SENT REGARDING POSTAGE.....pmsl !! :roflmao::roflmao:

Thanks for all the replies its good to know there are people out there who understand and care . It seems such a little problem in the grand scheme of things but you have to get what you can when you can and at my age i want to get some use out of it now not in twelve months time !

You peeps have cheered me up you have got to laugh getting anxiuos isn,t going to help me now i,m on the mend . When its fixed i will let you know :whistles::whistles:

Thanks again ....it is a serious post but i was trying to make it light hearted .

Hope you all have a wicked weekend

:hugs:

MR Blank

deepreason
29-05-11, 21:09
Have a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabergoline#Off-label.2Frecreational_uses

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyproheptadine

The first one you take in an ongoing way, the second one you take an hour before it's needed. Not sure how effective they are as have heard conflicting things. Hope you get it sorted and if you do, let us know as I think a lot of us blokes get similar problems with antidepressants.

deepreason
30-05-11, 08:17
Just to add another one I came across which is apparently a bit more commonly prescribed than the previous 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buproprion#Sexual_dysfunction

Greenman50
30-05-11, 11:09
Thanks for the links and the advice really appreciate it .
I,m not to sure about takeing any other meds but it could be an option if it continues .
I might try takeing the citralapram in the morning for awhile instead of at night as its usually in the mornings i get lucky before i get up :whistles:

So in theory the cit should be wareing off by then just before i,m due my next tablet .

I hate meds

Greenman50
24-06-11, 18:38
not been on for ages , its still bust if anyone is interested ...lol..

Greenman50
13-07-11, 00:38
Still broke , getting pissed off now

Tyke
15-07-11, 02:46
Get back to the Doc Mel and tell them about it. You've been on these for a while now and as it still hasn't returned :lac:it is time to consider the alternatives.

fishman65
17-07-11, 15:58
To be honest,I found this to be a problem with both citalopram and seroxat which I'm on now.And there's one other thing.....um....how do I put this?Have any of you guys lost any sensitivity in the most important areas? :blush:

Tyke
18-07-11, 02:36
To be honest,I found this to be a problem with both citalopram and seroxat which I'm on now.And there's one other thing.....um....how do I put this?Have any of you guys lost any sensitivity in the most important areas? :blush:
Yeah, I did when first started on Sertraline, but thank god it wore off and the one eyed monster rose again :yesyes:.

fishman65
18-07-11, 20:40
Yeah, I did when first started on Sertraline, but thank god it wore off and the one eyed monster rose again :yesyes:.Lol at least its not just me then :)

Greenman50
25-07-11, 19:15
Lol at least its not just me then :)

Yep ....same here .

Believe it or not it is still busted . Sex drive is also virtually nil aswell now .

Normally anything female with a pulse was enough to get me interested ..lol.

I,m back to my normal self now mentally if thats the right word , thats why i don,t visit to much but do reply to any pm,s i get from newbies with stomach problems etc which i get an email notification for .
I,m still on the citralapram 20 mg and i will be starting to tapper off from it around the end of the year (under the doctor).
Basically i,m just bideing my time and enjoying feeling back to my old self .

Thanks again for everyones help much appreciated.

Hope you peeps are getting more than me !!

Meewah
05-11-11, 01:29
May be thats the problem, you've been under the doctor! Try missionary I find it works better for me..

On a serious note. If you can get it up then you must be popular with the ladies. My weakness is firing too early but I blame the missus for pulling the trigger.

Keep trying.

Mee

Greenman50
12-11-11, 00:31
Still not working as normal , sorry to harp on about it but i thought it might help some members searching the forum for old posts as it can be frustrateing :blush:
I,ve got a dr,s appointment this month , my repeat presc for the citralapram ends soon so i need a review on comeing off them :yesyes:
I feel great , like my old self (apart from the problem) but i,m worried about going back to how i felt over 12 months ago :shrug:
Anyway , after all the help i,ve had off the lovely members on here i will update things in a more appropriate section as i come off the meds .
My moan about the above is nothing compared to what other people are going through :blush:
Sorry peeps but it seemed a big deal at the time .
I would just like to say what a great help this forum has been to me when i needed you peeps the most :hugs:
I will never forget you guys that offered me help when i was at the lowest point in my life .

If i can ever offer any support advice from my own experiences on ibs , anxiety and deression , stomach issues etc (read my old posts ) please pm me as it goes to my email addy , I,M NOT A DOCTOR BTW , but would like to give something back to the forum if i can .

Many thanks peeps , if i,m a stranger its because this forum has helped to fix me , i will never ever forget members like horse , nicola , suzy sue , the peeps i,ve made contact with on facebook etc ..
Sorry if i,ve missed any names out there was loads of help , but you forum Angels know who you are .
I will still be on here but not like i used to .

Stay well guys and girls and see you soon , hopefully with my success story to help other starting members see a light at the end of the tunnel :hugs: