PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

oldboy
01-05-11, 11:39
Hi all,

My name is Peter and I have suffered anxiety for many years but until recently tried to put of with it and manage without the use of tablets.
However having been ill with a Kidney complaint 3 years ago that was very stressful at the time has now left me even more anxious.

My doctor prescribed me Diazepam that I took for three days when feeling anxious and unable to sleep, as I only took them when I needed to and for only three nights I did not notice any side affects.

Six weeks ago, I became very anxious and instead of taking my diazepam for just three nights I continued to take it every night for three weeks, I began to feel quite ill with aching muscles, a sore throat and hot feeling in my mouth.
This made me feel even more anxious and so I went to visit my doctor who prescribed me citalopram 10mg. I took these for 7 days and on the first day had the most awful sore throat and after 7 days, I was loosing my voice and found it hard to speak plus I felt as though I had pressure in my ears.

I have visited my doctor who has looked at my throat and ears but say’s it all looks normal.

I stopped taking citalopram and my diazepam, I just could not live with such a constant sever sore throat.

It is now 6 days since I stopped taking these tablets but still my sore throat and pressure in my ears exist, has any other members experienced this and how long did it take to return to normal, if it ever does.

Any advice and help would be very welcome, thanks.

nomorepanic
01-05-11, 11:40
Hi oldboy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

macc noodle
01-05-11, 12:08
Hi Peter

Sounds like the symptoms are anxiety based and not related to the drugs you were prescribed?

You really do need to go back to GP and talk it through - if they feel the symptoms are down to anxiety, they really need to help you find some help to relieve the problems.

7 days into Citalopram on such a low dose, does not really give a true indication of how effective they can be for some people - it may well be worthwhile giving it another go if the doc. advises it.

Good luck

Jan

suzy-sue
02-05-11, 14:08
Hi and :welcome:.Im sure you will find a lot of help and support here Peter .Sounds to me its anxietyand not the meds as well .Read through the symptoms page you will find it helpful .T/c Sue x

Vanilla Sky
02-05-11, 22:43
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x