PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down :-(

londonchris
01-05-11, 15:03
Hi all,

I'm feeling really down today because I've been doing really well with my anxiety lately. I struggle with ectopic beats a lot and have managed to prevent them a lot of the time lately, having accepted it for what it is and not being afraid of them.

I also had a few digestion problems but the omeprazole I've been taking has helped hugely.

Yesterday I was very tired and hungover and had a load of rubbish for dinner (kebab! :D). Probably not the best combination as I felt really really anxious yesterday. Not about one thing in particular, I just felt a bit tight chested, a really tense and nervous, but for no reason whatsoever! I kept telling myself it's anxiety and I tried deep breathing but I just couldn't escape it.

In the end I went to bed and fell asleep and have woken up feeling better this morning.

I know it's probably just a combination of the above making me feel that way, but I KNEW this was anxiety, I was 100% convinced of it, and yet it still wouldn't just wash over me. :mad:

I thought I'd been doing really really well, it's hard when you have a setback :weep:

Elen
01-05-11, 15:07
Oh Chris don't beat yourself up too much.

I have seen your replies to other people's worries and love how matter of fact that you are.

As you have said the combination of alcohol combined with rubbish food will be causing a dampner in your mood.

You have been doing really well and this is just a wee blip.

:bighug1:

londonchris
01-05-11, 15:11
Thank you that's very kind :)

I just felt like I was on my way to being over it, then all of a sudden it hits you. Last night is as bad as I've felt in a long time. I didn't have a dodgy beat, or feel sick, I just felt uncomfortable and edgy, restless, tingly.

Very odd and very annoying.

Thanks for your support, it's very kind :hugs:

happycamper
01-05-11, 15:20
Hey Chris,

Blips are normal, but so disheartening when they happen, especially when you've put in so much effort to get to where you are. Knowing the best way to deal with them is tough, I'm still trying to work it out....

Just hang in there, you've done incredibly well and can admit it yourself, it will pass.

Clare.

molly36
01-05-11, 16:13
Hi chris im so sorry you are having a wee setback.This is what happens with anxiety ,you can be doing well then bang out the blue it hits you.I like you get really tight chested and the ectopics come back and i know its anxiety but it still stays .Sometimes we cant contol our nervous systems as they are so used to going in to over drive it sometimes can kick off for nothing .I think it takes a long time to fully recover fom that anxiety feeling ,ive never quite got there yet but still hoping.Also sometimes when we eat rubbish our blood sugars go a bit mad and can start a attack of anxiety.I am still looking for the answers and i will let you know when i find any lol.But at least you know you are not alone going through this.Hope you feeling better.kind regards molly

choccychompa
01-05-11, 19:29
It might have been the kebab. I get horrible anxious/panicky feelings when I eat junk (or and carbs really :weep:) xxx

carli
01-05-11, 20:47
Hi chris

I dont know if its conected (although i believe it is) i get terrible skipped beats if u have a lot of reflux? Sometimes when i take some gaviscon it helps it and i have found eating slower also helps?
Also exercise seems to be helping?
Hope u feel better soon and try not to worry xxx

londonchris
02-05-11, 16:49
Hi all,

Thanks for your kind replies, they're really appreciated :)

I felt a bit funny yesterday too but I've been working on a website about anxiety and I sometimes feel that concentrating on it will obviously make it worse!!

I went to the gym today to do some weights and get active again and whilst I was too nervous to do any cardio work, other than a brief spell where my heart felt like it was beating out of its chest (which I ignored), and a couple of ectopics (due to vagus nerve - had a big sandwich before I went!) I had a good time.

Nice to put all your nervous energy into something constructive! :yesyes:

Elen
02-05-11, 17:10
Hi all,

Thanks for your kind replies, they're really appreciated :)

I felt a bit funny yesterday too but I've been working on a website about anxiety and I sometimes feel that concentrating on it will obviously make it worse!!

I went to the gym today to do some weights and get active again and whilst I was too nervous to do any cardio work, other than a brief spell where my heart felt like it was beating out of its chest (which I ignored), and a couple of ectopics (due to vagus nerve - had a big sandwich before I went!) I had a good time.

Nice to put all your nervous energy into something constructive! :yesyes:

Well done Chris

molly36
02-05-11, 17:25
Well done for going to the gym when you are feeling so bad .I would love to get to that place again.Keep it up and it can only get easier.kind regards molly

snowgoose
02-05-11, 17:59
a huge congrats to you for getting to the gym and I can only imagine the strength of spirit it took you to do it feeling so low .
you write lovely helpful posts ...........hope you feel better soon . really do .xx

xJust_Sarahx
02-05-11, 18:57
Hi
We all are in the same boat, and having set backs is normal - its bount to happen but try not to let it get you down. I know its easier said than done but the more you let it get to you the more its going to get on top of you and make you feel like your back to square one! I feel at times that i have achieved something for example i fear the most getting out of breathe so i will literally do anything i can to prevent this - but because of the CBT i recieve, it helps encourage me to push myself so i sometimes rush up the stairs just to make myself slightly breathless on purpose and when i do it and realised i havnt dropped dead i think "great" but then it will take months before i could ever do it again!
Dont put yourself down. :)

londonchris
02-05-11, 19:25
Thank you all so much for your kind words, they mean a lot :bighug1:

I'm glad I went to the gym. I used to go running all the time and wish I could just get back on the running machines but I cant bring myself to do it just yet.

All my anxiety issues stem from the ectopic beats. I ate a bit of spicy meat in summer 2008 and my heart started racing, I thought I was going to die. It didn't happen but since then once a month or so I'd feel the thud of an ectopic beat.

For some reason in October 2008 I was going through a really tough time and they got worse and the fear cycle set in. I've broken it a little - I don't fear the symptoms as much as I did, but they do still play on my mind and they're really hard to just forget.

Everything I've read suggests I need to just ignore it completely, not try to fight it, but I mean come on, how hard is that?!?! :roflmao:

Will get there in the end I hope :)