PDA

View Full Version : worried about brain tumour..help??

micaxx
01-05-11, 17:34
well, like many people on here probably, i have been worried sick for the past few days about a brain tumour. For the past two months or whatever, I was getting more headaches than before, although they weren't in a specific place and usually quite mild. The thing that's worried me most though I guess is that i keep getting the odd whiff of smoke, which I googled (stupid move) and obviously the results were worrying. Today I have also had pins ands needles in my hand and foot (although they did start when I was sitting weirdly, but surely they wouldn't last that long?). The logic in me says that it can't be a brain tumour, because I have none of the extreme symptoms (epilepsy, unconsciousness etc.) but the nervous part of me is worried sick!! Oh, and I've also had a sore throat and ear pain - is this a symptom?? It seems that everything is since I started worrying!! I'm going to my GP in a few days, but this is all thats been on my mind and I would really appreciate some words of wisdom.

snowgoose
01-05-11, 18:02
hello Mica :)

feel for you .............health anxiety is awful ...............it takes over our lives .
But believe me :hugs:.............you show no sign whatsoever of having a brain tumour . honest xxx

your headaches and pins and needles have much less sinister causes as you know.
sitting badly ,stress,sleeping awkwardly all can cause pins and needles ....I get them all the time from neck tension. same for headaches . .get yourself a good pillow ..........and trust your rational side ...not easy I KNOW . Should take my own advise when the fear hits :blush:
dont fret anymore about tumour ..........tis the demon anxiety speaking .
ear and throat sound as though you have a virus or cold .
take care xxxx

micaxx
01-05-11, 19:04
argh, thankyou!! i guess i just wanted to hear that really, even my dad's reassurance hasnt worked this time!! i think because this is actually a valid possibility, and a really scary one I'm making it worse - a bit back I thought I had breast cancer, and I think I was more easily reassured because it's rare in teenagers, even I could see that :) and I think too that I've jumped to this conclusion because almost anything can be a sign of a brain tumour it seems, and the smoke thing really does lead to some horrible articles :| I'll still see my GP I think, just to rule it out, but I dont think I'm one of those people to insist on an brain scan (partly because I think I feel that if it won't be this, it'll be something else), but also because I want to believe it!! But thanks for your reply, I think I'll sleep easier tonight xxx

snowgoose
01-05-11, 19:11
yes ..............you sleep well tonight :hugs:

re the smell thing .I get it when my sinuses are playing up ..........and sometimes so random !! my hubby laughs now as I sniff around the house :blush:
you take care ......and tell them thoughts to go away [polite version ] xx

micaxx
01-05-11, 19:46
haha i'll try, and i think on some level i know i'm being irrational (but then the other part of me goes "but what if it's this" ... and yeah I think it *could* be to do with my sinuses, years ago I had the same ear/ throat pain and a weird cough ...i think it was to do with my sinuses, so this could be the same?? but like anyone on here i go to the worse case scenario, which usually involves my imminent, painful death ... just want to rule this out for absolute sure!! the irony is that whenever I'm on the computer for ages, I get a headache, so spending ages googling my symptoms actually worsens them :| xx

nuttymoo
01-05-11, 21:47
When I started having panic attacks I googled my symptoms and convinced myself and my family that I has multiple sclerosis. My symptoms seemed identical I felt so dizzy, I had neuralgia, I couldn't breath properly, pins and needles, my hearing felt like I was underwater and my eyes felt like there was vaseline smeared on them. I frightened myself, my husband and my children by not waiting until I got the results of my MRI scan. I wish I had found this site a couple of years ago. I have found more information, good advice and kind people, sharing their experiences to help others, than I could ever have found on google.:hugs:

micaxx
01-05-11, 22:44
any muscle twitches or shivering?? thats my latest thing ... the more i think about it, the harder it is to ignore :/ but the thing is I don't actively feel anxious, I just have this tingling and muscle twitches. Feeling kind of ... on edge too, its a weird feeling, and now i think about it, it sounds sort of anxiety-related... which in a way is good, because at least it makes it less brain tumour-related!! but thanks for your message :)