PDA

View Full Version : Up and down

wildflowers
02-05-11, 13:31
I posted this on female problems but thought I'd try here to:

Hi guys, I'm wondering if you can help me with something. I was on 10mg lexapro, then went to 15g a few months ago. I've been taking them really irregularly and last week I skipped about 6 days as I didn't have the money to renew my prescription. Anyways during that time myself and my partner had sex, the condom split but he didn't come. I went back on my lexapro on wednesday and am late on my period by about 4 days.

I really don't think I'm pregnant, and I should probably just go and get a test but I'm sooo scared. Do you think my late period could be a result of me messing around with my ADs? I've also had a really tough few weeks where I've been horibly stressed and upset and anxious. Any resposes would be great.

x

smb25
02-05-11, 17:12
I don't think the missed doses of Lexapro will affect your periods. Increased stress and anxiety can do though. Having said that, my periods have never been affected in that way. I really do advise you take a test, just to be sure. You can't deal with something until you know what you are dealing with.

Also, I don't advise skipping so many doses with the Lexapro. Thats not how it works. You will probably end up making yourself ill. I know meds can be costly but I really think you ought to cut out buying something else rather than your prescribed medication.

Hope all works out for you.
x

Anxious-in-Canada
03-05-11, 14:25
Hey Wildflowers,

I agree with SMB, you shouldn't skip this medication (a day once in a while can happen...) but more than that and you are going to have up and downs.....

If the cost is too much, perhaps look at changing over to Citalopram (ask your Doc) which is much cheaper (and available in Generic brands).

Take care, everything will work out.