PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

cenadra
02-05-11, 15:02
First of all hi not long found this place wish I had found it sooner.
I just want to know dose any one else find them selves examining there panic atacks/depressive low moods and being abel to logically realise that the emotional response is completely out of proportion to the situatio, but still unable to change it, cos I find my self doing it all the time.

theoldcorner
02-05-11, 15:17
Hi cenadra,
I think we all have that problem. I know that nothing can happen to me if I travel on the London Underground yet I can stand and let 6-7 trains go because they have a few people on them before giving up and walking. I also imagine a conversation with new people and being fine but knowing when the situation does come, I will slowly fade into the background, stammering and strugging to say anything.
I wish I could say 'Don't panic' but that's probably obvious!
Best wishes, Shaun

Tyke
02-05-11, 16:49
Hi Cenadra

That probably sums up most of us on here, you're definitely in the right place. I know my responses are often way out as rationally their is little danger in many of the things I fear, but I still fear them!

What you will hopefully get from NMP is good help and advice on how to deal with these things. Sadly there is no magical cure, but there are a lot of people all over the world who suffer exactly the same problems and provide masses of knowledge on the best coping strategies. You are certainly not alone.

Tyke

cenadra
04-05-11, 11:09
Thanks for the wonderful replyse it is nice to know I'm not alown