PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me - Chest Pain.

holly1986
02-05-11, 17:01
Hiya
Im in an absolute mess. I for the past month or so have been getting random chest pains off and on, i mainly put them down to indigestion caused by tension. But yesterday and today my chest has a heavy feeling, like squashing and cramping. Its not a focussed pain like in one place its throughout the entire chest from the rib area right up to the breasts and even a little bit into my upper back.

Im petrified. I also have been getting dizzy, i dont know what to do. I live with my sisters & parents and they all say its tension its anxiety its this that and the next thing, but i am totally petrified, please help me.:weep:

holly1986
02-05-11, 17:35
Please?

nuttymoo
02-05-11, 17:39
When my panic attacks started my main symptom was dizzyness and neuralgia (in my mouth and down my spine). I also used to get really sharp pains all over like being stung by bees. Now I've managed to control those feelings by concentrating on my breathing but I find it hard to control the tightness I get in my chest. I start coughing and can't stop. I've also started getting really bad cramp in my feet when I'm at work. Anxiety and panic are always trying to find new ways to make life difficult. :hugs:

Catalyst
02-05-11, 17:42
My heartburn pains can feel a bit like that when they're really bad. So, could possibly still be indigestion related?

Does the pain worsen if you press 'gently' on or between any of the rib joints where they join your sternum? Cos if it does that might suggest costochondritis (inflammation of the ribs). I have that too! Lucky me!

I hope you feel better soon. x

molly36
02-05-11, 17:48
HI holly i too have been too the docs with these symptoms many times and the doc says its down too overbreathing and anxiety .It is very scarey tho .Like me it ends up a major worry making it ten times worse.Hope you feel better soon. kind regards molly xx

anx mum
02-05-11, 17:51
Hiya
Im in an absolute mess. I for the past month or so have been getting random chest pains off and on, i mainly put them down to indigestion caused by tension. But yesterday and today my chest has a heavy feeling, like squashing and cramping. Its not a focussed pain like in one place its throughout the entire chest from the rib area right up to the breasts and even a little bit into my upper back.

Im petrified. I also have been getting dizzy, i dont know what to do. I live with my sisters & parents and they all say its tension its anxiety its this that and the next thing, but i am totally petrified, please help me.:weep:

Hi holly i feel for u so much i had chest pain for over a month sharp and burning pains i was so scared it also went through my back. In the end i had to have a telescope and doc thinks its acid reflex. I know its worrying i used to go to hospital loads of times u will be ok.