PDA

View Full Version : royal wedding

snowgoose
02-05-11, 21:07
cant contain myself anymore :blush:

despite our hell ............who watched it ...and what did you think ?

I was not good . but kind of got caught up in the spectacle . her dress was so gorgeous ..and they looked in love .
Harry made me laugh anyway ..........naughty but endearing . So looks like his dad :winks::blush::ohmy:

theoldcorner
02-05-11, 21:17
snowgoose, I did my best to not care but it must have been the choirs, the trumpeteers and the trees in the abbey that got me and I did find myself watching the highlights later on. I suppose wherever you stand on Monarchy, we have enough stress in our lives to think about whether they are needed and maybe it was nice just to see 2 people who looked happy to be getting married. There's no way I could have gone through with being the centre of that much attention though, I envy them! :winks:

bottleblond
02-05-11, 21:46
I thought it was outstandingly stunning!! XXX

paula lynne
02-05-11, 21:51
When Harry turned and said to William..."Wait til you see whats coming...." Great!
Also, when he saw her, I didnt catch his first words but I did see him say "You are so beautiful......" OMG my heart just melted!

Her dress was classy and elegant, she already looks royal to me, and they are really in love. Also notible....posh spice has overdone the botox, and Tara-Palmer Tompkinsons reconstructive surgery on her cocaine ravaged nose clearly hasnt worked and she needs to ask for her money back.......:winks:

My street party was ace, I made all the bunting and a fine time was had by all......x:yesyes:

snowgoose
02-05-11, 22:02
hey it was nice wasnt it?
I liked the little bridesmaid whose face would sour milk ..so cross !!!
could identify with her 50years on somedays .:mad:

did you see those shoes Posh Spice had on when pregnant? And what the heck was that on Beatrices head?:ohmy::wacko::shrug:

Very jealous I was not invited to your street party Paula .........your yorkshire pud recipe is now global :hugs:
lovely day for Britain x:yesyes:

kibbutz83
03-05-11, 00:58
Just wonder how much it cost the taxpayer? Think that money could've been spent on hospitals, schools, the elderly... i just think our country is on the brink of collapse and the wedding was a nice diversion from the cold hard truth. And yes her dress was stunning, so would mine be if I had my own personal designer and lots and lots of money... sorry for the cynicism, but that's how I feel :(

Tish
03-05-11, 04:32
Just think of it as expensive advertising if you're worried about the cost, the whole spectacle was a huge boost for Great Britain plc. I think it was worth every penny and wonder how anyone can be cynical watching two people who love each other very much getting hitched. I don't think either of them wanted all the pomp and ceremony but had no choice. God bless them, I say.

Magic
03-05-11, 16:05
Hi All,
I thought Camilla looked upset in th Abbey,and the antler hat was hideous!!
All in all riviting stuff

kibbutz83
03-05-11, 16:28
Tish, do you honestly believe it brought more in than it cost the tax-payer? How naive :(
That's what they want you to believe... I think the monarchy should've been abolished a very long time ago. They live in opulence, while the country crumbles, and people starve!
Sorry, not my idea of a fair and equal society...

Eternity
03-05-11, 17:02
I have to say that I think the wedding was a boost the UK needed and seemed to cheer everyone up. As for wasting money, as a taxpayer I would prefer to see my contribution going towards something like this which cheers people up and gives us a good feeling, rather than funding scroungers who can't be bothered to work. And I'm not talking about people who are unwell, I'm talking about the ones out there who think they shouldn't have to work and it's up to the rest of us to keep them. That's a waste of money in my opinion.

Tish
03-05-11, 18:36
Oh dear Kibbutz.. you and I have a totally different outlook. While you obviously look at the Royals as having a life of privelege, I actually feel really sorry for anyone born into that family and having to live in the proverbial goldfish bowl. You've only to look at the footage of Diana literally being hounded to her death. She looked like she had it all and was loved by millions but died feeling lonely and without unconditional love. I adore our Queen and the selfless service she's given us. Long live the Queen!

suzy-sue
03-05-11, 18:50
Hi All,
I thought Camilla looked upset in th Abbey,and the antler hat was hideous!!
All in all riviting stuff

I think Camilla looked nice .She was going to kiss the Queen but the Queen shook her hand instead THATS why she looked upset ...She s aparrently not keen on her ..wonder why ? As for the wedding I Thought it was lovely .Genuine unlike another I could mention .Its great William married someone he loves and not someone who was just suitable breeding fodder .Kate looked radiant but a bit too thin .Probably the stress .lol .As for Beatrice and Eugenies oufits .That hat was hideous .Seems dress sense runs in familys ..lmao .All in all a lovely day tho .Sue

bottleblond
03-05-11, 19:07
Ok so it may have cost the tax payer what doesn't this weather. I am in no way a Royalist but the whole things was outstanding and as Eternity said, a well needed boost for the country.

My view is it's not William's fault that he was born into Royalty. It was said that he and Kate would have loved a small affair in the village church where Kate comes from but that is not on for someone inline to the throne. William just wanted to marry the woman he obviously adores and i take my hat off to the way they did it. All wedding gifts were to be charity donations, They chose Trees in the abbey so they could be re-planted at their new home. They had printed the order of service not only for the guests but from all the public who went along.

I think William and Harry are a well needed breath of fresh air. William saves lives and Harry fighting for the country. Now that's what i call modern royals.

Lisa
xx

Anxious_gal
03-05-11, 19:19
Nothing like a bit of money to make people angry, personally the little I know about politics the better I feel :)
MPs get to write off almost everything as an expense including second homes.
I guess the total cost of the wedding would be shocking and yes the money could have been spent on better things like improving the health care.
I didn't watch the wedding, because I know it would just make me feel bad about my own life life to see privileged people having a big wedding, being in love etc....
I guess it would just trigger off a sense of jealousy and unfairness for me.
But for others it lifted their sprites and gave them hope.

margaret jones
03-05-11, 19:38
O I Loved every bit of it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D

kibbutz83
03-05-11, 19:50
Am I not entitled to say I disagree... I was brought up to believe in a fair and equal world.. I don't consider royalty to stand for fairness or equality :( I can't apologize for something I believe in so strongly...

LucyR
03-05-11, 20:13
The Wedding was good. I loved the little flower girls and just joining in on the spirit of the occasion on the television. I had my own little celebration party in the evening. It was just something different for a day.

bottleblond
03-05-11, 20:18
Am I not entitled to say I disagree... I was brought up to believe in a fair and equal world.. I don't consider royalty to stand for fairness or equality :( I can't apologize for something I believe in so strongly...

Kibbutz..No one was arguing with you or saying you are wrong. We all have varied opinions that's all.

kibbutz83
03-05-11, 20:23
We certainly do :)

KK77
03-05-11, 20:42
I agree with some of the things you say Kibbutz. There are always more deserving causes to spend "our" money on but I can also think of far more undeserving causes too.

Anyway, it was a lovely wedding - and I usually hate all that pomp and pageantry malarkey. I think Kate has genuine natural beauty but also agree with Suzy that she looks too thin. Contrary to popular fiction, us men don't all like stick-thin size zeros.

Tish
04-05-11, 06:58
OF COURSE you're entitled to your opinion. I hope I didn't make you feel you shouldn't be! Our opinions just differ, that's all, nothing wrong in that.

blue moon
04-05-11, 07:49
Tish, do you honestly believe it brought more in than it cost the tax-payer? How naive :(
That's what they want you to believe... I think the monarchy should've been abolished a very long time ago. They live in opulence, while the country crumbles, and people starve!
Sorry, not my idea of a fair and equal society...

:yesyes::yesyes:I agree

mick_uk
04-05-11, 11:27
No one was forced to watch it or to enjoy it. Far more wasteful things go on in this country than that wedding. If everyone who thought the idea of a royal wedding was a waste of money gave £5 to a charity on the wedding day, that would even things up a bit and help out the worse off.

suzy-sue
04-05-11, 11:38
Well said Mick ..Theres more people living more opulent lifestyles than the Royal family .The honey moon apparently is a £4000 a night place in the Seychelles .But you cant blame them for that either .Blame the person who owns the place .Greedy swine .:lac:

kibbutz83
04-05-11, 12:50
Who would you blame then Sue? They didn't have to agree to a £4,000 a night place in the Seychelles! Unbelievable!!!

Tina A
04-05-11, 13:05
Guys, I think you will find that the only thing paid for with taxpayer's money was the security - everything else was funded by the Queen and Charles, with a contribution from the Middletons also. So maybe a day that did bring a lot of pleasure to a lot of people wasn't such a bad deal after all? :unsure:

bottleblond
04-05-11, 13:32
Well said Tina! That's very true, just the security! The Middletons paid £100 thousand and the rest was the Windsor family. :D

suzy-sue
04-05-11, 14:24
Who would you blame then Sue? They didn't have to agree to a £4,000 a night place in the Seychelles! Unbelievable!!!

There will only be certain places that are suitable ie privacy and security reasons .The choice of places to stay will not be their choice alone .Its not a case of logging in onine to lastmin .com for a budget break lets face it .They have been offered places to stay who belong to the likes of Richard Branston .But there agaIn if they took this they would be accused of freeloading .:lac:.Where they go to a £4000 pound a night place or £8OOO .whos buisness is it .We arent paying for it .If these luxury holiday destinations didnt cost so much thay wouldnt have to pay so much would they ? .I really dont understand why some people get so angry about things they cant change in life .Surely its better to concentrate on doing and putting your energys and passion into something into what you can change .We have a Monarchy thats a fact of life .Unless someone does something that changes that theres nothing we can do about it .I for one hope wherever they go ,thay have a wonderful time .

Back to the wedding ;;What did everyone think of the Queens yellow outfit ? sue

snowgoose
04-05-11, 15:11
Crikey ...........should have thought before starting thread it might start disagreements :blush:
We all have varied views of course .

For me sitting slumped on sofa in that kind of blank mood we know here ..........the wedding enlivened me ....I sat up ....and for the first time in ages engaged with what was going on ........the outfits ........the music .....the horses ..........and got emotional in a nice way for once . didnt even cross my mind the cost to the nation .selfish ? probably.
visited my 90year old mum in a home [which costs £500 a week the norm ] .and found her animated and wearing a union jack hat she had crocheted :ohmy:
usually she is asleep in her chair .

So two people were energised that day ..........I looked in the mirror and thought hellsbells you need to get your act together lady for my sons wedding later this year.

so hopefully the emotional and happy response to the day filled others too . and that is priceless .

hey Sue ? liked the primrose outfit the queen wore ..........and enjoying the press comments on Beatrices hat ha ha !! a satellite dish and cat flap are two of my favourites .
xxxx

bottleblond
04-05-11, 15:41
Awww i think it's a lovely thread Snow. :hugs:
:roflmao: @ your mum. I think that's fabulous. Bless her cotton socks.

xxx

nikk_dolittle
04-05-11, 15:52
I beleive Lisa was at this wedding!!! :ohmy:

paula lynne
04-05-11, 15:58
Sorry to hijack...hey snowgoose, tell me what youre wearing and it will be my absolute pleasure to make up a gorgeous corsage for you in my best silk flowers and bits, and send it to you. Gratis of course for a fellow nursey x:hugs: