PDA

View Full Version : hi! my names lisa new to the site!!

lisalou
03-05-11, 00:37
hi! my names lisa new to this site.

im happy to have found this site because its made me see that i aint the only one that suffers with anxiety :scared15:

iv had it now for the last 2 years my GP just dont seem to wana know :mad:
put me on beat a blocks but dont work its starting to get me down and now im on anti-depression pills, really just wished there was an off switch for the anxiety because my life was so much better before it all started.

Just wont my life back :yahoo:.
want to be able to catch the bus without the fear of panic go shoppin. see family ect

its my biggest wish so if any one has got any good tips on how to get rid of anxiety please reply back

thanks.

nomorepanic
03-05-11, 00:40
Hi lisalou

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tyke
03-05-11, 02:16
Hi Lisa

I also wish there was an off switch for anxiety! Unfortunately there isn't any magical cure, but on here you will find stacks of information to help you. I'm on beta blockers and anti-depressants too. How long have you been on anti-depressants? They can take a while to work and you may well feel better as time goes on. I found understanding the anxiety helped me deal with it. Read as much information as you can. I found self-help books by Claire Weekes particularly helpful.

Tyke

key85
03-05-11, 17:43
Alright Lisa, I am also on beta blockers and anti depressants and it sounds like I am suffering from the same thing as u. My life was so much better before too. Just wanted to let u know ur not alone keely xx

suzy-sue
03-05-11, 18:26
Hi and :welcome:to NMP .Im sure you will find plenty of tips and support here .all the best Sue x

Vanilla Sky
04-05-11, 11:36
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

RainbowGirl
04-05-11, 12:44
hi and welcome to nmp!

lisalou
05-05-11, 22:54
thanks! for the replys and support its nice to know that i am not the only one who suffers with it.

hi! tyke i've been on beta blocks for 2 years and anti-depressants for 4 months now and i do feel abit better but still got anxiety:mad:

hi! key how long u been on beta blocks and do you find them to help with your anxiety? and how do you cope with it have u got any advice or tips for mr to try out :)