PDA

View Full Version : I keep waking up in the night with dizzyness and faint heart

timmymagic46
03-05-11, 02:16
Hey everyone,

Its been ages since i was on here. I hit rock bottom previously with palps and panic attacks but i really pulled myself together and i have been so much better.

Recently however i have found myself waking up in the middle of the night in a state of panic! A few times its been i havent even been aware i am awake i just open my eyes and im standing in front of my mirror in my bathroom with my hand clung to my neck checking my pulse and eyeballs like dustbin lids! I felt like i was about to have a heart attack there and then.

Now its developed into waking up feeling dizzy and faint - and sick to the stomach. I dread going to sleep now! After all my previous heart tests i have slight Brachycardia (spelling) and im convinced my heart is just going to stop!

I know im being ridiculous - but i cant help my bodies reactions.

I have learnt to live with the plaps - avoiding anything that brings it on and living with it when i know ive been bad (drinking etc) but there are still some areas that just annoy me so much. I just miss being normal lol.

Anyway just thought i would re-introduce myself back to NMP - it helped me so much before to share my story and to talk to others who share our affliciton!

Tim
xx

Spy
03-05-11, 09:42
Hi Timmymagic,

Have you discussed taking betablockers with your GP?

tc xx

punkprincess19
03-05-11, 10:46
Hi Tim

Lately, I've been getting this kind of feeling. And then when I get up my heart starts pounding and going crazy! I'm having a really hard time convincing myself I'm ok, even though I've had ECGs done and they were all ok! I can't really offer any advice but just wanted you to know that you're not the only one experiencing this!

Good luck and hope you feel better soon x

timmymagic46
08-05-11, 21:53
Thankyou for your responses - i normally find its when ive been tired/stressed or had a drink or somoked or one of my many triggers. Its still incredibly frustrating!!

I have been on Beta blockers before but if anything they made me worse?

Thanks for your kind words thow...xx