PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia

Hans
03-05-11, 17:01
Hi there,

Im 21 years old and have suffered from Emetophobia since i was about 11 i think. I have no idea really what started it or an exact date it started, i've always thought it happened because i saw my brother become really ill when i was 11 but i've never been sure.

I didn't know it was such a common phobia until recently and it makes me feel so much better that i am not the only one!

Even though i've learnt to control it and panic attacks i still feel it and sometimes it affects me so badly that i have to go home and ruins my night! I bunked school all the time so i never got the chance to do university and i fell out with everybody around me coz they thought i was faking it. But now i am trying to turn my life around and am going to australia travelling in 3 months and i want to get it under control.

Does anybody have any contacts or tips or anything that will help? Councellers and doctors and even hypnotherapy hasnt worked :(.

XXXXXX

nomorepanic
03-05-11, 17:03
Hi Hans

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

suzy-sue
03-05-11, 18:21
Hi and :welcome:to NMP hans ..Nice to see you .sue x