PDA

View Full Version : Periods effecting anxiety

smb25
03-05-11, 17:49
I am currently on 10mgs of Cipralex a day and have been since February. Each month, about 7 to 10 days before my period, my anxiety levels rise dramatically! There is no other apparent reason for the anxiety. This has happened now 2 months in a row. The rest of the time my anxiety is a lot lower and manageable.

Although, I do cope with it (its horrific at the time) its getting me down. I am starting to dread that time of the month coming around. I can't face it being like this for the next 10 years or so until I reach menopause!

Anyone else have anything like this and how do you cope?? I have spoken to the doc and am trying a homeopathy tablet over this time but its not doing much as yet.

I am even contemplating asking for hysterectomy just to make it stop but guess that will just be laughed at!

Any advice would be welcomed.

x

emmawalton
03-05-11, 17:55
your not alone i get more anxious when pmt time.

Million_Moments
03-05-11, 17:55
For a long time, the only time I ever gor depressed was before my period. When it's really bad, it's called PMDD. I found taking vitamen tablets for women helped.

The other option I was given by my doctor was to take the pill, as apparently this helps alot.

haynsey
27-05-11, 22:42
Hi smb25
i always get very panicky and anxious, before and during my periods, you are not alone, my panic attacks double on my first day of period aaghhhhh

debs71
27-05-11, 23:54
Yep, me too.

Before I suffered with anxiety I was always moody and tearful before my period, and since anxiety and Cipralex I feel way more anxious before it now.

I was on 10mg until recently, and have now reduced to 5mg a day and this month I have been crying for England before my period!

Female hormones and anxiety....not a good mix...xx:wacko:

haynsey
23-06-11, 00:39
Yep i agree with debs71,
Periods always make me more moody and tired, i always get more panic attacks a week before my periods and the day i come on as well, like all you guys ifeel tearful as well YUK!:mad:

suzy-sue
23-06-11, 00:52
A Hysterectomy is a bit drastic ,,:scared15:There are things that will help like changing your diet the week leading up to your period .No dairy ,choc ,caffeine or alcohol .Lower your intake of salt as it leads to bloating .Avoid too much sugarlike cakes and biscuits .This makes you tired and lack energy ..Take high strength Evening primrose oil .B6 complex and Magnesium .If your premenopausal .soya isaflone tabs help .Try this for three months ..Failing this a MIRENA COIL might help ..It did me ..I didnt have another period after it was fitted ...:yesyes:..Discuss it with your Gp if you are interested ,its always worth trying the diet &supplements first tho ,it does work ,if you can manage it ..All the best ..luv Sue x

SleeplessFog
23-06-11, 02:38
Anxiety is eating me up right now and this is my period week. Ugh I am with you, this is hard to deal with. I have had a hard time going to sleep.

haynsey
24-06-11, 01:35
Hi everyone,
Period started and guess what? Yep my body is in anxiety mode!!:doh:

s11fyx
28-06-11, 22:33
your not alone

my gp told me to buy a natural hormone cream and its fab you use it from day 14 to day 28 and it really does help id post the website but not sure if you aloud on here?

haynsey
28-06-11, 23:37
I am not sure myself whether we can get it over here!

The gp probably wouldnt perscribe it anyways!!!

:shrug:

s11fyx
29-06-11, 08:32
you dont need your gp to prescribe it its natural and im in the uk x

haynsey
30-06-11, 20:42
Brilliant i will get some..x

M155anthr0p3
15-08-11, 12:44
Me too, currently feel like killing someone lol, either that or blowing hundreds of pounds of shoes (if I could go shopping without having a panic attack!)
Who would be a woman eh!!!!

Emily xxx