PDA

View Full Version : Heart problems

duke246810
03-05-11, 20:03
I woke up during the night with extreme pain just below my left breast and the the right of it. It got worse when i move and when i breathe in. I recently had my heart checked and it has all come out perfectly fine. I am confused and scared as to what this might be? Thankyou x

nomorepanic
03-05-11, 20:08
It could be muscular and/or tension and indigestion can cause these pains as well

Lindy
03-05-11, 20:32
Chest pains are really common with stress. I've had some this evening (although only little ones) Not very nice in the middle of the night at all, I feel for you.

When I last asked my gp about chest pains they said that there are lots of little muscles across and around the ribcage and it's probably not my heart at all. They said not to worry about pains that go away quickly!

londonchris
03-05-11, 20:34
If you suffer from acid problems it could well be acid reflux as when you're lying down at night the acid flows back into the oesophagus causing a burning sensation around your chest.

Don't eat or drink within three hours of going to bed and see if that helps :) Make gaviscon your friend! :D