PDA

View Full Version : MRI and other things...

r-divall
04-05-11, 07:47
Ok so I haven't posted for a while..
I finally have an MRI scan in 8 days to deretmind the reason for my visual problems and tinnius.
I know it sounds silly but I am so scared I wont be here in 8 days. (I've had this since January..)
Also I have a new worry, my resting heart rate is 120bpm resting. My doctor wont take any notice and tells me its anxiety. I also have problems losing weight so I think it might be a thyroid issue. Anyone else have an extreme resting heart rate 24/7 or see rings around street lights?
It's all really getting to me, just feel so angry, I'm 17 and shouldn't have all these things wrong with me. :(

blueangel
04-05-11, 09:12
If I remember rightly (I'm not medically qualified!), an overactive thyroid does cause a high heart rate, but you'd also lose a lot of weight as it makes your metabolic rate really high. A friend of mine has an overactive thyroid and she's always been very slim. Resting pulse rate can be very high as a result of anxiety - unfortunately, the more you become aware of it, the longer it will take to subside. Probably the best thing I can suggest is try and distract yourself from it and resist the urge to check your pulse.

Good luck with the MRI - I'm sure it will be fine.

r-divall
04-05-11, 10:37
Thanks for the advise will let you all know how the MRI goes