PDA

View Full Version : Constipation

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 12:06
Does anybody have any tips?
I've been trying to go to the toilet for 3 days but it's just too difficult to pass.
Sorry if this is a tmi, it's too hard and dry to pass and too much of it seems to be coming at once, I'm sore because of straining and I already have piles and suffer from fissures so I'm worried I'll just cause more.
I've read about enemas? Do they sell these in places like Sainsburys? Like on the shelf?
Is there anything else I can do? :/ I don't think a laxative would help as it's already ready to come out, a laxative would probably just rush more too it and make me even more desperate =(
Is there anything I can do/use? :////
It's awkward for me to do anything as I'm uncomfortable and just blahhh because of this.
x

suzy-sue
04-05-11, 12:13
You sound like you havnt been drinking enough .Try some orange juice and drink more water .In future ,drink more and buy some Fybogel it will bulk your stools and make them easier to pass .T/c sue

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 12:22
Thank you for the advice, do you know any way I could make my current situation easier? :blush:

yorkylover
04-05-11, 12:22
I take fybogel which you can get in the supermarket or chemist,and like Suzy said you need to drink lots of water especially to get the fybogel moving.Also try some boiled water cooled down.

There is quite a bit you can get on the shelf,but lots of water to!!!!!!!:hugs:

macc noodle
04-05-11, 12:26
Gallons of the stuff - boiled water cooled down - should do the trick!

Good luck

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 12:28
Drink boiled water cooled down?

macc noodle
04-05-11, 12:29
Yep - I mean don't try and drink it whilst boiling hot :D don't want you to burn your mouth !

I don't know why it works, I only know it does!

yorkylover
04-05-11, 12:30
Yes start to drink water now,loads of it.Or see the chemist they can give you something for fast relief.x:hugs:

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 12:49
Will it help whats already trying to come out?
I need instant relief :/ I just need to go to the toilet but ive strained so much it hurts to even try now and I've got bellyache :(x

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 12:55
I just really want it out :( I feel sick. x

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 12:56
is there anything i could get from a shop to help the hard stool that cant pass?

macc noodle
04-05-11, 16:52
Can I just say that if you have been trying to pass this now for 3 days and still having no joy - you really do need medical assistance - you could damage yourself if you continue to strain.

I would contact your GP and ask to speak to the emergency nurse and see what they recommend.

Seriously ..............

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 18:23
Thanks for the replies
I managed to go in the end.
Althought I didn't COMPLETELY empty I got rid of most of it!
I feel in quite a lot of pain there now though (really sore) but I expected to.
I hope this never happens again.
I need to eat and drink properly and try eating things that're going to help my digestion.
x

haz
04-05-11, 22:03
I get this too. Partly due to my medication. As well as taking lactulose solution I use Pile cream and suppositries. The latter makes your poo come out easier. You can also buy stool softener supposotries from the chemist if you don't suffer from piles. I've had to go to A&E three times because of this. It is very painful and uncomfortable, you have my sympathy.

H.x

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 22:27
Any way to just completely get rid of the piles?
My friend got given a special cream off the doctor for them but doesn't really need it anymore so said I could have it, do you think it'd help?x

macc noodle
04-05-11, 22:31
Hi there - thank goodness you managed to go. I felt so sorry for you today.

Listen, has your doc seen your piles? Do they bleed?

My hubby had some troublesome ones and the doc tied them so that they withered and died and, thankfully, never returned. He said it was not painful just stung whilst they were doing it and that was less painful than the problems the piles were causing.

Could be worth a visit ?

Jan
x:yesyes:

haz
04-05-11, 22:42
The cream and suppostries claim to "shrink" piles. I buy the "Germaloid" brand as it as a local anaesthetic which soothes and sort of "numbs" them when they're painful.

H.x

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 23:20
Hi there - thank goodness you managed to go. I felt so sorry for you today.

Listen, has your doc seen your piles? Do they bleed?

My hubby had some troublesome ones and the doc tied them so that they withered and died and, thankfully, never returned. He said it was not painful just stung whilst they were doing it and that was less painful than the problems the piles were causing.

Could be worth a visit ?

Jan
x:yesyes:

Aha, thank you :) I didn't realise I could get so worked up and feel so bad just from not being able to go to the toilet :/
The doctor hasn't seen them but yes they can bleed when they get scratched or are having a bad day.
I need to look into getting that done to mine D:
x

MidnightCalm
04-05-11, 23:21
The cream and suppostries claim to "shrink" piles. I buy the "Germaloid" brand as it as a local anaesthetic which soothes and sort of "numbs" them when they're painful.

H.x

I think I need to get some of these too x

Zee
09-05-11, 14:38
I changed my diet and found things easier by eating wholemeal bread instead of white, adding more veggies and also a small smoothie.. However, although it made going to the toilet easier I have a fissure that keeps coming back. I can go 5 days, a week or even several weeks with no problem and then that stingy feeling one day and I just know its starting off again !!
I had a hard lump come up on the site of it about 8 weeks ago which subsided a bit after a week, then it gradually went right down but is still sore in the area.. wonder if its an external pile ?? you can get a lump with pile but can you with a fissure ?

blueangel
09-05-11, 14:49
I see someone else has already mentioned it, but if the problem is "getting it started" when you open your bowels, then you might find that a suppository helps. As far as I know, the ones you can buy over the counter contain glycerine, which will soften what you're trying to pass, and also lubricate it a bit on the way out so that it's not so painful. Hope this helps.

blueangel
09-05-11, 14:51
Zee - I'm not sure whether you can get lumps with fissures, unless it's possibly scar tissue, but you can certainly get piles and fissures at the same time (Ow! :ohmy:)

Zee
09-05-11, 15:01
Im pretty sure I read that you can blueangel, but I dare not google :)
Its that stingy, feels like an open cut feeling ..and fresh blood on tissue, a drop.Think that can also happen with external pile ?

london
09-05-11, 15:22
you cant do enemas on your own you wont reach

Zee
12-05-11, 14:32
Thank you for the advice, do you know any way I could make my current situation easier? :blush:

One of the best things I found was extra virgin olive oil in cooking. You can take it by the spoon but I didnt fancy that. !..I just use it a lot with cooking.Great help with constipation and softening.

Lindy
12-05-11, 18:26
Linseed is great for preventing this. Add some to your breakfast cereal :)