PDA

View Full Version : Valerian

mariposa
16-04-06, 00:04
Has anyone tried valerian and can you use it with seroxat....does it work like valium?????but not addictive!!!

Love to hear anyone's experiences of it!!

nomorepanic
16-04-06, 11:30
I use Valerian to help me sleep at night. It is a herbal remedy so is safe with medication but it is not like valium and is not addictive.

Hope that helps.

Nicola

susan
03-05-06, 20:17
Valarian root is actually what valium is made from. But valium is in a chemical compound state. Naturally valerian doesnt really carry any problems with it, and is a great muscle relaxant. If you can get the actual dried valarian, you can make tea from it at bedtime. Watch it around cats / pet rats tho- it has a worse effect than catnip! Susan.x

sue

bluebottle
09-05-06, 17:54
What form do you use Nic? Mg etc?

Update: I ordered some from https://www.healthspan.co.uk/ . I also see that Kalms seem to contain similar ingredients.

Valerian Ultra Plus Tablets - 250mg Valerian Extract with 60mg Hops 100 tablets £9.95 free P+P

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I use Valerian to help me sleep at night. It is a herbal remedy so is safe with medication but it is not like valium and is not addictive.

Hope that helps.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 16 April 2006 : 12:30:56</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."