PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely exhausted

Jozone
04-05-11, 12:50
Hi everyone :)

For ages now I've been lethargic all the time - I've had blood tests for anemia, and although my levels were slightly low they're fine now.

I get up at 7.30 to go to work, by 11am I am trying not to fall asleep at my desk. I normally fall asleep on the tube on the way home. When I get home I'm so exhausted normally I get into bed and have a snooze. I'm normally asleep again by 10pm.

I take anti-depressants but have done so for a long time and this hasn't been going on that long.

Does anyone have any ideas?:shrug:

Thanks

paula lynne
04-05-11, 13:09
Hi Jozone, Im hearing the same thing from a few people, Im sure this warm weather isnt helping. Maybe around the 11am mark at work, you could eat a banana and drink some water, get up and walk around to stretch your legs, or better still, get some fresh air? Do you have aircon where you work? Its well know that a warm work environment is not conducive to health.

Whats your diet like?do you eat lots of fruit and veg?

Try to avoid the falling into bed for a snooze after work. I know this is hard but it can break the cycle of sleeping, funny as that sounds. Light excersize can invigorate you and actually GIVE you energy....and give you better sleep as a result. Could you go for a walk?

If your blood test was over 4 monthes ago, you may want to ask for a repeat as things change very quickly. Im not suggesting you have anaemia, but its better to get it checked out. Maybe your anti-d's need reducing too?
For example, a month ago a blood test revealed I had high white blood count. I was out of my mind with worry. The repeat last week revealed normal levels. All Im saying is things can alter quickly in the body.

Hope you get your va va voom back soon. Best wishes, Paula x:)