PDA

View Full Version : New to Depression at this level!!

bassboy
04-05-11, 15:29
Hi
My name is Will. I'm 56 and work as a manager in a NHS mental health service. I've never experienced depression at the level I am now. I have a goos job but it has eventually got me down. I've been through immense organisational change and had to change posts. It all started 2 years ago when I had to leave my post of 22 years as a day services manager. I continue as a manager but have no confidence, make errors, feel under valued, don't have self belief and fear losing my job through ill health or capability. I have a 13 year old son, who I want to see go to Uni'. How? I need the income and really worry that I'm doomed! Been taking Fluoxetine for 5 weeks and I'm getting worse! Signed off work by my G.P for a month and can't imagine getting better!! Please reassure me that things can get better!!
Kindest regards to all sufferers.

diane07
04-05-11, 15:31
Hi bassboy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

valmay
04-05-11, 19:23
Hi Will, have you visited the forums dealing with medication you'll see that not the same thing works for every one, I put odds on somebody has had a similar experience. It's not like blood chemistry where they can stick a needle in and take a sample. Hang on in there.

Elen
04-05-11, 19:38
Hi I am now on week 8 of fluoexetine and things are getting better.

Week 5 was my lowest point by far and since then things have been gradually improving.

Stick in there it can be a long haul

Vanilla Sky
04-05-11, 22:17
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x