PDA

View Full Version : Mouth/Nose Breathing

STALLONE
04-05-11, 23:15
How do you know if you breathe through your nose or if you breathe through your mouth?

In my opinion I am a mouth breather which is not good but how do i know for sure?

nomorepanic
04-05-11, 23:20
I am a mouth breather.

Hold your nose and see if you breathe ok then close your mouth and try to just breathe through your nose.

One won't feel right to you

STALLONE
04-05-11, 23:21
Do you find breathing uncomfortable with you breathing through your mouth? Do you get a constant dry mouth at all?

nomorepanic
04-05-11, 23:35
I think I must do a bit of both to be honest but I know at night I breathe through my mouth more.

If you have problems breathing then you are not doing it correctly and you can re-train yourself to breathe properly.

One of the website pages on the left explains abdominal breathing. I think it is the how to cope page.

STALLONE
04-05-11, 23:46
I tried doing what you said but i didn't have too much trouble when holding my nose or when closing my mouth.

nomorepanic
05-05-11, 00:00
Well that is good then really.

What is your concern over all of this?

STALLONE
05-05-11, 00:17
My concern is my mouth being dry a lot and my lips, My mouth gets sticky sometimes as i have to keep licking my mouth and lips as it gets dry constantly.

nomorepanic
05-05-11, 00:24
ok so this is from the symptoms page on the left:

Dry mouth

What you feel:

You find it hard to swallow because of a lack of saliva. Your tongue feels dry or sticky.
What causes this:

High stress biology reduces saliva in order to prepare the body for action. Sustained high stress biology produces a dry mouth.

STALLONE
05-05-11, 00:35
Thank you, that decription though says the tongue feels dry and sticky, my mouth and lips feel the same.

Anxious_gal
05-05-11, 01:21
Get some vasiline :) my lips sometimes get too dry and the skin can start to peel but lip balm helps alot