PDA

View Full Version : new

mich85
05-05-11, 10:56
hi all,

I've been having a few health issues for the past 7 months and i think this site might be very useful to me! 7 months ago i was in a fast food place when I felt a slight pop in my chest and pain, then felt very faint, I rushed to get out with my family as I thought I was going to die, I wasn't wanting an ambulance called there! (how embarrassing) no ambulance needed thank goodness, wish I hadn't of panicked and fled as this led to a bad connection to food, for the first 2 weeks I could hardly eat anything, I'd only be able to eat two bites of a sandwich and I would feel a flutter in my chest, which scared the rubbish out of me!

I went to the docs and described what had happened and the symptoms i had once eating or drinking, hard to describe pain when you can't physically see it,ended up with antacids medicines, but still had pains in the chest and these awful thudding heart beats! Had a 24hr heart monitor which showed up 500 ectopic hb. Which aren't life threatening but still awful when they happen.
I still have this awful pain in my chest and awful thudding heartbeats, I have been referred to cardiology and can't wait to see them, it's taken over my life, I play netball and last week i had an ectopic beat whilst playing, that has never happened before, I can't bring myself to play the sport i enjoy! I use to be level headed and enjoyed life and it doesn't just effect me it effects my son and my partner too, I'm fed up with feeling this way and I have come to this site for advice and information.

sorry for the essay, I could have carried on too! ha! :blush:
Michelle

diane07
05-05-11, 10:58
Hi mich85

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

janetxx
05-05-11, 11:12
hi michelle
read through some of the forums and info i found them a great help:)
these things are so easy to get into but so very hard to get out of :weep:
hope you find some help and comfort on here,it helps even knowing your not the only one going through these emotions
take care xx

mich85
05-05-11, 11:22
Thanks Janet, yeah its really hard, I'm glad i stumbled over this site!!!